Fastest, most reliable 1Gbps Internet Packages

SamuiAddict

Hi

I want to upgrade our internet to a 1Gbps package.  I saw 3BB first and its about 600 baht a month which I think is a really good price - but a lot of people don't seem happy with them or get anywhere near advertised speeds etc?  Is there much truth to this, anyone on Samui have 3BB with correct speeds etc?

What are the alternatives.  I saw CAT Internet recommended, but I think the most they do is a 500Mbps package?

Thanks for the help

I have 3BB at 1 Gbps but never get close enough to that..... try AIS fiber or fibe or fibre as they spell it as it fits they go up to 2 Gbps

Edited by Mavideol

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

I have 3BB at 1 Gbps but never get close enough to that..... try AIS fiber or fibe or fibre as they spell it as it fits they go up to 2 Gbps

Same. Download speed dropped to 380 last week.

I phoned up to complain and within an hour they had re set it up to 720. Now it is hovering around the 650 mark for the last few days.

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

I have 3BB in Pattaya. Yes the speed varies but i usually get 940Mbps download. How much more do you want for 590 baht?

Yes, from what I have gathered from six months of visits from the "head tech" at Khon Kaen 3BB ( nothing great, just a kid who graduated from KK tech college ) - 1Gbps line connecting to a domestic server is throttled at 930Mbps - When I said but in Pattaya they get up to 970Mbps he said that may be true due to increased nodes. Not that I worry about the extra, I don't hold much faith in internet speed tests they can be easily manipulated, which makes little sense why another user is getting much lower speeds, because they will just complain. Perhaps this is due to the local infrastructure and cabling inside the premesis.

Im more concerned with reliability and stability of the connection. My basIc ping to cloudflare tells me 3BB has a 99.98% uptime in my little Issan village over the past 180 days. I can't complain about 3BB apart from they don't seem to have a centralized system, which leads to an inability to deal and solve simple problems on the occasions when they do arise.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1