What Is It Really Like Living In Thailand?

paul-s

Thanks Doc, at least now I know that 1/3 to 1/2 of my energy bill is for water feature pumps. I had no idea that a pump would use as much or more energy that an A/C unit does. :D

i still envy you for your clear Koi pond. the water of mine is like thick peasoup but my Kois don't seem to mind. my last resort now is to install a UV-disinfector. just got one delivered (28,000 Baht) :o ; installation next week

will also add a bio-filter as the sand filter gets blocked after an hour or two.

my mistake was that i had no bloody idea although i had a fishpond for years without algae problems, but in a moderate climate. just wanted a tiny replica of my former lakefront lot. built here a huge pond (~120m²) and can't control the algae :D

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Doc, at least now I know that 1/3 to 1/2 of my energy bill is for water feature pumps. I had no idea that a pump would use as much or more energy that an A/C unit does. :D

i still envy you for your clear Koi pond. the water of mine is like thick peasoup but my Kois don't seem to mind. my last resort now is to install a UV-disinfector. just got one delivered (28,000 Baht) :D ; installation next week

will also add a bio-filter as the sand filter gets blocked after an hour or two.

my mistake was that i had no bloody idea although i had a fishpond for years without algae problems, but in a moderate climate. just wanted a tiny replica of my former lakefront lot. built here a huge pond (~120m²) and can't control the algae :D

I guess we're getting a little off topic, but...

So you have a Koi pond too. Mine is much smaller but I have both a three stage biological filter and a UV clarifier. I tried with just a biological but we couldn't see the fish. I installed a 36 watt UV running 24/7 (with the half horsepower pump) and it is now very clear and much more enjoyable.

Good luck with yours... :o