Extension appointment online available again at Chaeng Wattana

4 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Glad it's back as I far prefer this than just turning up and hoping for the best

Absolutely.

I did an extension with appointment CW some time ago and was such a breeze.

Then the system was removed.

Back up now and we are delighted. 

• Like 1

Not limited to CW, includes MTT, Chamchuri, Imperial, Big C, et al.

Yes, awesome news.

Please feel free to follow up with your experience after your appointment.

I'm curious to hear if it is as efficient as the earlier, very short-lived CW appointment system, which was AWESOME.

When I first looked when this was added, earlier this month, it looked like they offered a booking window of ~ + 30 days. So, in theory we could make an appointment up to 60 days prior to say, the last permission to stay date, which is good.

They say "one hour" for ext stay/ret or spouse.

Looks like six slots available for each, per day.

8:30 am

9:30 am

10:30 am

1:00 pm

2:00 pm

3:00 pm

I forgot the link...

https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=20131

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HampiK said:

If you only have to pick up your extension, 4 weeks after (marriage extension). 
This need an appointment as well, I not see where I could book this?

Has the appointment system for CW been expanded to include marriage extensions? 

Previously was only available for extensions retirement

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes, I mean it shows in the menu

Extension Visa For Visit spouse/Thai Children or In case of Thai husband/Thai wife
1 hour

Edited by mtls2005

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Previously was only available for extensions retirement

It shows as 'Extension visa for visit Thai spouse/children'

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/ImmigrationOfficeGovernmentComplexChaengWattanaRd@imm1division.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/

46 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

With the previous system you just swanned in ~ 15 min ahead of your appointment, was it desk L1-32?, to check in.

Waiting for some trip reports with the new appointment procedures.

I visited CW on Tuesday (to extend a tourist visa) with an appointment - but was never asked for evidence of it.

Trip report here:

9 minutes ago, Orient Express said:

I visited CW on Tuesday (to extend a tourist visa) with an appointment - but was never asked for evidence of it.

Yeah, not seeing any evidence that your "appointment" was a benefit.

In the olden days at CW for an ext stay/ret, an appointment was acknowledged - no waiting for a paper ticket, directed to a special desk, docs reviewed/new docs signed, then led to a waiting IO at or before your appointment time. All very efficient, while those without appointments, or those with spouses, languished in the seating area. 

Awesome trip report, although it seemed more about transportation to/from CW - which I'll admit will be helpful to some.

Edited by mtls2005

13 minutes ago, TPDH said:

Can you use this and book an appointment to make a COVID extension? If yes, which option do you select? 

It depends upon what type of visa you entered on. If a tourist visa you would choose that at CW.

If visa exempt you do the appointment at Muang Thong Thani.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Awesome trip report, although it seemed more about transportation to/from CW - which I'll admit will be helpful to some.

Given that the time I spent in the Immigration section at CW was only 25 minutes, there wasn't much else to say! ????

Actually, there is one more point - I had a pre-filled TM7, from the inputtable pdf files usefully supplied by ubonjoe in the "Immigration Templates" thread. Both the girl who initially checked my documents and the IO seemed quietly impressed by this, so I'm not sure if many people do this.

Edited by Orient Express
Additional info

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon what type of visa you entered on. If a tourist visa you would choose that at CW.

If visa exempt you do the appointment at Muang Thong Thani.

Non-immigrant O visa (+marriage extension) is at CW as well? Maybe O visa is a Tourist Visa? 

Edited by TPDH

• 2 weeks later...