Sore Thai loser put opponent in hospital after smashing him in the face with a snooker cue

webfact

71375009b264eb9cc10b88499fd8f458cd37db1ad66dfddc1721cde406c9dea3.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath reported on the arrest of a 26 year old Thai man called Surasit Klinprathum.

Lak Song police in Bang Khae, western Bangkok, picked him up at Sethakit Soi 31 in northern Bang Khae and charged him with causing grievous bodily harm.

The case stemmed from an incident at a snooker club in the area on January 5th at 10 pm.

The suspect had gone with his pals to the club to play snooker but when they left he refused to go home too.

Instead he started playing with some people on an adjoining table whom he didn't know.

He was soundly beaten by a man called Geng and didn't like losing.

So he picked up a snooker cue and repeatedly smashed it into the face of his opponent breaking his nose, cheekbone and causing him to have to get 20 stitches and have eye surgery. 

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-15

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, swm59nj said:

Many of these incidents I  read about are of reactions that children would have.  Is this the land of smiles?  Or the land of immaturity? 
And very common also.   Such as  a person  having a dispute with another person.  But gets four or five others to back them up .  So it’s five against one.  Such cowards. 

Down to “ FACE”. 

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:
2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So much violence in the Land of Smiles.

I know its dreadful especially as it does not happen anywhere else. Why can't the  Thais be more like us? Don't you agree?

I haven't seen that anyone has said it doesn't happen anywhere else. Have you? I've just stated a fact, that the violence in Thailand doesn't match what's written on the pack.

• Like 2

Rule number 1 don't gamble with thais

Let them do that between themselves

Even just a game of pool for a beer can lead to loss of face and hurt feelings. 

I'm. Pretty rubbish at pool but won't lower my game because I think that's insulting 

Still beat most locals 9 out of 10.

Youd think the girls who work in a bar and play pool day in and day out would at least have half an idea. 

22 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I've just stated a fact, that the violence in Thailand doesn't match what's written on the pack.

That was your crime.  The guy you replied to is absolutely fixated on maintaining the illusion, like "admitting the truth will probably cause a total mental breakdown" fixated.

On 1/15/2022 at 8:08 AM, Harveyboy said:

fine standing young men they raise here in Thailand credit to their parents ...

here we go, as if such incidents only happen in thailand.

assume all young men are raised to be perfect examples of humanity and are an absolute credit to their parents where you come from? thought not.