A Calf That Looked Like A Human! Miracle Or Bull?

Have been meaning to post this absolutely TRUE story for some time now;

Around 3-4 months ago, our village was buzzing with the news that in a neighbouring village there had been born a calf with the head & face of a human being. The time around 8pm, when everyone is usually preparing to bed down for the night, the village was electric with people running around spreading the news, anyone with a pickup being summoned to transport the hordes to view this miracle.

Just for the fun of it & of course out of curiosity, my wife & I joined the throng & headed off with thick end of twenty family & villagers on the back of the pickup.

The village lies 5km across country, not a good road & darker than black. This road was full of traffic, motorbikes galore, hordes of pickups loaded up to the hilt both coming & going.

We arrived & could hardly park, upwards of 200 vehicles filling up the narrow roads in this isolated village, walking towards the house where this miracle had occured we could see through the darkness literally hundreds of people, getting closer, we could see what resembled a boxing ring, roped off, lit with people looking on in awe,standing five/six deep. Being tall I could see over the top easily; there laid out on a table, surrounded by offerings to Buddah, partially covered in silk (Much the same way, they lay out a deceased person) was the dead body of an aborted bovine fetus, at a guess, I'd say it was approx 7 months term. Of course, it was bald, it's front legs hadn't developed (were shorter like arms:)& it's head hadn't developed into the elongated bovine shape & was somewhat round & resembled the head of a human. Not unlike E.T.

As far as these simple folk were concerned, this was a miracle, like the second coming..:o

What made this all the more spectacular was that the owner was standing there telling his story (or fairy story) of how events unfolded.......'At 5.30 pm that evening, he went to check his cows & found the still warm, dead fetus. After summoning his wife to observe, he dug a hole in the ground & burried it. He then retired to the house to eat, returning an hour later to check on the mother, he said that he was astonished to witness the fetus dig itself out of the ground'....HAHAHAHAHA....It proceeded to (again:) quickly expire.

All those present were seemingly lapping up his story, it was a genuine miracle!

We left the scene, me very amused, but worried that I'd trodden on ground where an abortion had occured ( very dangerous as MF will reiterate) having pregnant cows at home I was worried as abortion in cattle can signify great problems & can be highly contageous. Needles to say, I took all precautions. My wife, not so impressed, her family & villagers in total astonishment! In just a few hours, news had travelled very far, my wife spoke to some people who had travelled 70km to witness this! TV cameras were reported to be enroute. When I tried to explain that this was a simple aborted fetus, could never have lived let alone dug itself out the ground, I was poo-pooed as the stupid farang...lol...We headed back, driving on horrible, very dark roads against a constant flow of traffic heading in:)

.... no comment on the pathology aspect, fruity - but it's a lovely story.

Odd as it may seem, yes - there are still parts of rural Thailand that retain these attitudes and beliefs. I had similar experiance in 1988. The wife was woken up late one night and asked to go a look at a calf that was born with 2 heads - and was still alive. Sadly though by the time we got there, the calf had had both it's heads cut off by an understandably supertious and somewhat fearful farmer and the monks had been called to do what monks do on such occassions

The remains are kept at KK Uni

Earlier this year a 2 headed calf was born in Chany Mai - see photo below.

post-32552-1181530912_thumb.jpg

Funny, but I can trump that story.

I was back in the UK a few weeks ago and swear to God that I saw literally dozens of humans with the face of a cow. Curiously, noone seemed surprised or shocked by this.

Funny things happen in nature, true. Thats a great pic MF. I remember a neighbour of mine in the UK having a calf born many years ago with six legs, alive, & pardon the pun; kicking:) It was put down fairly quickly.

I know exactly where Bendix is coming from, on occasions when I do venture back to the UK I see scores of those humans with the faces of cows:) Wish I could get hams on my pigs like some of those same gals have got!:o