Many Thais and expats, are suffering from loss of sleep during the pandemic? Doctors call this Coronasomnia

webfact

Guess we just have to go back and learn from the cave man. Instead of bonking a peace maker in a woman´s head for marriage, they just have to smack their own heads. Problem solved.

Buy the way. I never slept better, as it´s nice and quiet all around.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Getting a good night’s rest under stressful conditions is hard enough but sleeping well during an ongoing pandemic can feel impossible on some nights. This syndrome even has a name.

Teetotal?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Guess we just have to go back and learn from the cave man. Instead of bonking a peace maker in a woman´s head for marriage, they just have to smack their own heads. Problem solved.

Buy the way. I never slept better, as it´s nice and quiet all around.

I used to sleep well with all the Lockdowns / Bar closures Etc

But over the last few weeks, there seems to be an upsurge in the number of people that seem to want to Party and get drunk

Maybe its as a release from the Covid lockdowns Etc, or just a blind faith belief that Covid is near the end as many would have us believe.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Perhaps more telling was that in the first five months of 2020, people across the States made 2.77 million Google searches for “Insomnia.” This was an increase of 58% in the previous three years.

Of course, some movies are becoming more popular during Covid

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119375/

download.jpg.2f2b1396406b95d56442ff7dba56ed64.jpg

and

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0278504/

f43c308291d5a30cba45c84e8da46e5a.jpg.fac477716bb38cc46352713a04e9ee15.jpg

Or even ...

Club-Insomnia-pattaya-01.jpg.0b30a33236ebdfb37206e9799ad2ba40.jpg

I find taking a couple of "Dimenhydrinate  50mg"  gives me a good nights sleep.

Don't know why this should be as it is an antihistamine, but for some reason it just works for me. 

"Dimenhydrinate is an antihistamine used to prevent and treat nausea, vomiting, and dizziness caused by motion sickness"

Dimenhydrate-50mg-416x416.jpg.20fc9860761529c2b24d4455e57cbcc6.jpg

Same thing is being reported in the UK. More people are going to GP's with sleeping difficulties requesting medication. It may be due to lack of exercise i.e. not getting tired enough. Or, in the case of Thailand expats, lack of alcohol not getting drunk enough to collapse in a coma after a session at the bar. Thai wives/girlfriends must be going crazy trying to find ways to prevent their partners demanding conjugation at night????????????????

• Like 1

During the first year of the pandemic, I suspect I suffered with a low-level anxiety and some insomnia.   I attributed the insomnia to not working and not having a regular schedule.  

I didn't really notice the anxiety until I got my first vaccination shot.  Suddenly, a rather pervasive malaise was gone.  I felt like going somewhere and doing something.  I felt a little safer.   I had not been depressed but I didn't quite rise to the level of being happy.   

• Thanks 2

Glad they showed an expats picture as people who are having sleep problems.  My Thai family can sleep almost anywhere, at least nap in the day almost anywhere.

Some Thais who are out of work and stressed may be having the troubles as well for sure. I guess we will need a new dictionary for all the Corona virus related new terms.