Ladyboy smashes up bank with a machete screaming: "I can't get into my home"

webfact

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTcwMC84NTAzODc4LzkzODYxLmpwZw==.jpg

Sanook reported on an incident in the north east of Thailand on Saturday night in which an apparent transgender man armed with a machete smashed up a bank.

He was repeatedly screaming that he needed to get into his house but was unable to.

Khaowong, Kalasin, police Captain Preecha Srisawang was alerted to the trouble at the local Bangkok Bank branch.

He told his chief Pol Col Kantaphat Phaktham there was trouble in town and he hotfooted it to the bank to investigate.

Fortunately there was no one about.

He found the front window of the bank smashed down and damage to an ATM and a deposit machine.

The police talked to the suspect - seemingly a ladyboy - for 40 minutes before mounting a charge.

He was incoherent but kept repeating that he needed to get into his home.

He was given a sedative in the hope that by morning they could get something sensible out of him. 

Convenience store staffer Nanthana, 23, said she had been putting olut some cardboard boxes when the man arrived clutching a machete. She told her manager and they quickly bolted the door after an offer of help was spurned.

Then the suspect started walking all about causing the damage.

Bank manager Somkhuan Natthayai, 55, said that 200,000 to 300,000 baht damage had been caused.

Chief Kantaphat said that all the suspect had said apart from wanting to get into his house was that he had walked 20 kilometers from his home in Kuchinarai district.

The man appeared to have mental health issues and had not yet been charged.

He had had a urine test for drugs and would probably be charged with causing criminal damage. 

Investigations continue. 

Long Stay Visa Health Insurance Plans

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-17

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

an incident in the north east of Thailand on Saturday night in which an apparent transgender man armed with a machete smashed up a bank.

He was repeatedly screaming that he needed to get into his house but was unable to.

maybe not be the smartest way, but certainly the quickest to be taking care of  if you don't want to  spend the night under the stars

Edited by Pique Dard
too many omissions
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paulaew said:

The fact that the suspect was a ladyperson seems irrelevant to the story. The damage caused is the same, as is the obscurity of the connection with the person's home entry problem.

Paul Laew

"An individual armed with a machete......."  perhaps?

I think the expectation of any readership requires a bit more than that, at some point in the "story".

I would prefer to be described as a man if I decide to attack a bank.

My GF would prefer to be described as a woman if she launches a similar operation.

In the West I think a transgender person would be described as a man or woman according the what they had "arrived at" physiologically.

I don't think a man dressed as a woman would result in them being described as a "transvestite", but it would probably get a mention a some stage in the report.

Where was the person in this report........"at"?

A "person of the third sex"........isn't that  a common "self identification", East of the Bosphorus, for those who have had no physiological re-arrangement?

Would a Thai person prefer "Ladyboy"?...........I don't know.

It's probably only an "issue" for expats........wherever they're "at".

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Enoon said:

I think the expectation of any readership requires a bit more than that, at some point in the "story".

I would prefer to be described as a man if I decide to attack a bank.

If the editor needs to include the suspect's gender in the story, it would presumably be available from the police who checked the suspect's ID card (you can't always tell by looking, as some of us have discovered the hard way).

Paul Laew

21 hours ago, Paulaew said:

The fact that the suspect was a ladyperson seems irrelevant to the story. The damage caused is the same, as is the obscurity of the connection with the person's home entry problem.

Paul Laew

Let us not get too woke, if the miscreant had been a man or a woman they would have written that, since the person was neither that was also written.

On 1/17/2022 at 12:29 PM, Paulaew said:

If the editor needs to include the suspect's gender in the story, it would presumably be available from the police who checked the suspect's ID card (you can't always tell by looking, as some of us have discovered the hard way).

Paul Laew

"...discovered the hard way."

Ouch!