Police warn parents about dangers facing their children especially as they are spending so much time online

webfact

3pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The spokesman for the Royal Thai Police Pol Maj-Gen Yingyot Thepjamnong issued a five point checklist for parents to mitigate potential damage their children may suffer online.

The Maj-Gen said that it was inevitable what with continuing closure of schools that children would be spending large amounts of time online. 

They were using phones, computers and tablets for many hours a day.

While accepting that this was great to help with their learning in the pandemic and a great source of information there were also perils.

Such as cyberbullying and children falling into the clutches of criminals.

He issued a five point checklist for parents to help in monitoring their children's behavior, reported Daily News

This included being strict about the time they spend online, where they do it, talking to children about the dangers, reminding them of their own need to exhibit good online behavior and where to seek help if they fall victim to unscrupulous individuals.  

Long Stay Visa Health Insurance Plans

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-17

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He issued a five point checklist for parents to help in monitoring their children's behavior, reported Daily News

This included being strict about the time they spend online, where they do it, talking to children about the dangers, reminding them of their own need to exhibit good online behavior and where to seek help if they fall victim to unscrupulous individuals.  

The authorities do love to tell the public what to do.

Of course this is the same chap who last week threatened the public if they criticize the police.

The Royal Thai Police spokesman has warned the Thai people not to criticize the force. 

Or you'll get thrown in jail for a year for defamation, reported Siam Rath. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1246578-thai-police-are-doing-a-wonderful-job-stop-blaming-us-for-everything-or-face-jail-says-rtp-spokesman/

4 hours ago, Karma80 said:

Limit the amount of time a Thai spends on a smartphone? Good luck with that.

Extremely easy to do with Kaspersky kids
the gov would do much better trying to get good deal to provide this for free or cheap, its only $15/year anyway
but many parents do not know how easy it is to control kids online activity or are just too lazy
and let them wild on a smartphone, not understanding apps are designed to be addictive.

Edited by patman30

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The spokesman for the Royal Thai Police Pol Maj-Gen Yingyot Thepjamnong issued a five point checklist for parents to mitigate potential damage their children may suffer online.

Agreed, those online learning lessons are brutal.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, tonray said:

Having taught in government schools here....I would say they probably spent just as much time online during school hours pre-Covidn closures.

As a teacher here for over 12 years, I don't have a problem with phones in the class. It's called "classroom management".  The students know if they take out their phone, it will be taken from them and remain on my desk until the end of class.
As for other teachers discipline... that's a different story

5 minutes ago, Lopchan said:

As a teacher here for over 12 years, I don't have a problem with phones in the class. It's called "classroom management".  The students know if they take out their phone, it will be taken from them and remain on my desk until the end of class.
As for other teachers discipline... that's a different story

I knew if we looked hard enough we'd find our "Teacher of the Century" candidate...bravo !

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Or couples with child at a restaurant, each of the parents busy with their phone and the child drawing circles on the table.

You must live in a poor area.... where I am the kid usually has his/her own pad or phone and they all sit there dumb.

• Haha 1