Thai police hunt man who allegedly raped son's 15 year old girlfriend after plying her with booze

webfact

3pm.jpg

Daily News caption: Hunt for father who raped (son's girlfriend)

Daily News reported on a case of alleged rape in Nonthaburi, north west of the Thai capital Bangkok on Sunday night. 

An arrest warrant has been issued for a 37 year old man called Prakop who allegedly raped the 15 year old girlfriend of his 16 year old son.

A hunt for Prakop in the woods was mounted after he ran off. Police said they have a lead and expect an arrest very soon.

It happened in a rented room in the Tha Nam Non area.

Ban Srimeuang police chief Pol Col Naphathorn Wachaiyung said that he had yet to interview the young victim as she was a minor and social services needed to be present.

But he had spoken to her elder sister who told him that the 15 year old - named only as A - went to see her boyfriend referred to as B.

B's father was there and invited them all to drink alcohol together. They drank until they were unconscious. 

The elder sister said that A awoke to discover that she was being raped by her boyfriend's father though she couldn't resist. 

The boyfriend did not regain consciousness. 

When she went home she told her sister what had happened and the elder sister went to confront Prakop at his house. He denied it.

They agreed to go to the police station together but as they went Prakop ran off into the woods. 

The alleged victim has had a rape test at hospital and an arrest warrant has now been issued. 

Police also want to interview the suspect's son to see what he knows about the incident. 

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-19

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 4

6 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

There opinion won't change, thai family structure is very peculiar.

I know a girl, her father abndoned her and her mother when she was young, she'd not seen him for 20 years +.

She bumped in to him one day and it was all hugs and smiles, giving him money, buying food etc, very strange!

Funny. I experienced the same with my Thai-stepson from previous relationship.

He adored his completely useless dad who had never done or cared anything for him.

Anyway the dad managed to exploit his kid for money for a few weeks, until he again disappeared. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, khunpa said:

Funny. I experienced the same with my Thai-stepson from previous relationship.

He adored his completely useless dad who had never done or cared anything for him.

Anyway the dad managed to exploit his kid for money for a few weeks, until he again disappeared. 

Exactly, most families in rural thailand are disfunctional in one way or another.

1 hour ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Wait for all Thai apologist coming out and saying it happens all over the world

Google the headline. It happens all over the world.

No need for Thai apologists, simply a recognition that there are people in this world whose selfish desires override human decency. Far too many of them, in fact. And they do not reside exclusively in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Oh! So, you believe that the taken rape kit is lying?

What a stupid unthought out response by yourself.  If it is true means if found to be correct after the police investigation or is that to hard for you to comprehend ?  As I said if it is true, that being the case then it is appalling crime, yet keyboard judges like yourself are so full of yourselves you beieve whatever you choose, whereas it is more prudent to believe in proven facts. 

And by the way please read the headlines before posting your nonsense, unless you are not aware of what the word "allegedly" means

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 6:30 AM, Excel said:

What a stupid unthought out response by yourself.  If it is true means if found to be correct after the police investigation or is that to hard for you to comprehend ?  As I said if it is true, that being the case then it is appalling crime, yet keyboard judges like yourself are so full of yourselves you beieve whatever you choose, whereas it is more prudent to believe in proven facts. 

And by the way please read the headlines before posting your nonsense, unless you are not aware of what the word "allegedly" means

mmmm......I am sooo full of myself. Yeah, I know. The girl probably lies, or has mistaken her boyfriends father for another person. And, then again the is a rape kit taken. Your next response will probably bee that she was in love with the father and just used the son as an excuse.