Food delivery driver injured after crashing his motorbike into construction barriers in Pattaya, blames sand on road

snoop1130

573546-696x394.jpg

PHOTO: 77kaodedChonburi

A food delivery driver has sustained several injuries after he crashed his motorbike into construction barriers on a road that he said was slippery due to sand leftover from construction work in Banglamung last night (January 18th).

Emergency responders were notified of the accident at 8:30 P.M. on Thep Prasit Road in Nongprue. They arrived at the scene to find a damaged motorbike had crashed into several orange construction barriers. Nearby, first responders found the injured delivery driver Mr. Arpakorn Wiwatcharawong, 25. He was taken to a local hospital for medical assistance, however, was cognizant and spoke with TPN reporters before being transported.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/19/food-delivery-driver-injured-after-crashing-his-motorbike-into-construction-barriers-in-pattaya-blames-sand-on-road/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-01-19

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Delivery guys..... they should be banned from the road. They are always tailgating, speeding, pass at places that they can't oversee and watching their phones... It is a wonder that there are no more accidents.. and in the dry season it is sand, in the rainy season it is the rain and if there is no rain , sand, oil or whatever it are the "others" or brake failures...   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Delivery guys..... they should be banned from the road. They are always tailgating, speeding, pass at places that they can't oversee and watching their phones... It is a wonder that there are no more accidents.. and in the dry season it is sand, in the rainy season it is the rain and if there is no rain , sand, oil or whatever it are the "others" or brake failures...   

Just another sh*tload of jerks to put up with around here. As if it wasn't bad enough with the mototaxis. On a side note wonder how much revenue these unfortunate patio restaurants lose when hijacked by these crews. Ive noticed very few customers in these places. Sure the owners are aware their business is going to ****

13 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

Sand will indeed cause a bike to slide.

But riding too fast over said sand will help as well.....

Yes, sand is no good also oil will make you slide and black mold on the road when wet is a danger so slow down ride smartly.

51 minutes ago, Paul Henry said:

If sand caused the accident, why is sand put on fuel and oil spills to stop sliding?

Because it soaks up fuel oil which I assure you is far more slippy on roads. Dry sand is bad for a bike though, it has caused me a few bruises....and a long term arm issue. 

13 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

Got it one... construction spill on the road coupled to lack of attention.

result: accident.

Thepprasit road is just about the most dangerous road in the area. That, combined with construction guys who finish their work and leave without considering the consequences of their untidy work, and Grab taxi delivery drivers who are rushing to get their delivery done and are oblivious of the other road users. No consideration of consequences among Thai people. Recipe for disaster. Oh, I forgot to mention that there is no law enforcement.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

We have a new one ladies & gents…. Blames sand ????.

…… doesn’t blame ‘not looking where is is going’ !!!!!’ 

This has happened to me a number of times so it's nothing new and it's a real hazard.

9 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Sand on the road is a danger to motorbikes. Those who laugh at this don't ride motorbikes. On the small sois in my area extreme caution is needed on the curves to avoid sliding.

Somebody visit the gram rider and tell him EVENKEEL suggests extreme caution in the future

Edited by Almer
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Sand on the road is a danger to motorbikes. Those who laugh at this don't ride motorbikes. On the small sois in my area extreme caution is needed on the curves to avoid sliding.

Yes, so you slow down where there might be sand.  Well, you and I do, slowing down isn't very Thai though.

• Like 1

Few here are capable of just saying I messed up. It was my fault. It comes down to perhaps the single most significant weakness most Thai people have. The pathological fear of losing face. Who cares what people think of you? For those of us with high self esteem, it just does not matter. Sure, close friends and family. But strangers on the street? Who gives a rat's butt about this? It means nothing what they think, nor what they say about you. Nothing, less than zero. They count for nothing. They are just people, and people you do not know, nor will ever see again. Face is rife with self doubt, and by subscribing to this weakness, and man or woman is made a far lesser person. I consider the practice of face to be the polar opposite of the practice of Buddhism, which teaches the need for introspection, contemplation, owning up to a problem, and taking responsibility for issues, problems and tragedies that you create in life.

As many of us know, a percentage of the Thai population lives within fairly small boxes, of social convention, traditions and expectations, especially on the part of the family. That is not a life that some of us choose. Those that are bold and courageous, will find a way to break past conventions, and live a fulfilling life, based on their own choices, independence, and esteem.

17 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

I remember one time i had just replaced some fairing on my bike. I had to do a u~turn on to the opposite road. (obviously a truck carrying type 2 shingle had previously done the same u~turn.

My bike slid out from under me. !

I am not going to bother replacing scratched fairings any more .

5 hours ago, rtco said:
21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

We have a new one ladies & gents…. Blames sand ????.

…… doesn’t blame ‘not looking where is is going’ !!!!!’ 

This has happened to me a number of times so it's nothing new and it's a real hazard.

What? - you have ridden into a construction barrier a number of times ??

I recommend stop riding or look where are you are going more often then....????

I've read many negative comments about this accident, however sand is a very dangerous issue in Thailand when riding motor bikes etc.  There has been many times when I've felt the rear tyre losing traction because of sand on corners etc.

Just saying, that's all.

1 hour ago, Pdavies99 said:

I've read many negative comments about this accident, however sand is a very dangerous issue in Thailand when riding motor bikes etc.  There has been many times when I've felt the rear tyre losing traction because of sand on corners etc.

Just saying, that's all.

Agreed, sand is dangerous…

But not looking where you are going, then not being able to stop when you finally do look & see a barrier is more dangerous !!!! 

Sand was not the cause of this accident. Stupidity was.