Randy Thai Sniffer Dogs Get The Sack

Mid

Both were just as good as foreign dogs trained for use in drug missions,” he added. “But they were stray dogs, so their manners were worse than those of foreign breeds"

What cr@p. Thai dogs' "manners" can be just as 'good' as "foreign breeds"! :o

The two problems outlined are caused through dominance & being territorial. I would bet that neutering & better training would have eliminated both problems, but, no, much easier to give Thai dogs an even worse rep, rather than trying to solve the problem. :D

Randy Thai sniffer dogs get the sack

Reuters)

10 June 2007

BANGKOK - Two Thai street mutts who became ace sniffer dogs at an airport near the notorious ”Golden Triangle” opium-producing region have been fired for urinating on luggage and sexually harassing female passengers.

:o

Sound like regular cops to me. What's the problem? :D

Both were just as good as foreign dogs trained for use in drug missions,” he added. “But they were stray dogs, so their manners were worse than those of foreign breeds"

The two problems outlined are caused through dominance & being territorial. I would bet that neutering & better training would have eliminated both problems, but, no, much easier to give Thai dogs an even worse rep, rather than trying to solve the problem. :D

Yea but if they got better dogs they would miss out on all the snook of watching the dogs get nasty & the baggage going for a soaken. probably the highlight of their month?

You got to admit Dogs will be Dogs & it is funny! especially in the land of humor.

On the other hand along with the Junta I can only imagine what to much fun (in the media) would do to tourism in Thailand .:D beardog

That is truly funny,coppers probably not to happy ,this might cut into there action!

Great story!

are they going to give the mutts severance pay ,or put them back on the street :o

MY guess is that they will not be sacked but transferred to inactive posts.

Yea ... Give a Mutt a break :D :D :D

Naka.

Yea but if they got better dogs they would miss out on all the snook of watching the dogs get nasty & the baggage going for a soaken. probably the highlight of their month?

You got to admit Dogs will be Dogs & it is funny! especially in the land of humor.

On the other hand along with the Junta I can only imagine what to much fun (in the media) would do to tourism in Thailand .:D beardog

Yeah, sorry. I work with Thai dogs & get fed up with them being unfairly compared to designer dogs (purebreds). I'll admit to having had a sense of humour bypass on that subject. Will try harder - promise :D

In Columbia and America, top drug sniffing dogs have "contracts" put on them by drug smuggling cartels to get them out of service. So, you never know, there may be more to the story.

I recall a recent report from Malaysia about two dvd sniffer {on loan from Ireland I recall} dogs, which were so aggravating the pirates that they had put out 'contracts' on them.

Regards