Old VS New Test and Go Day 5 Question

Am landing 28th on Test and Go issued prior to the re boot. Will I be subject to the terms of the new Test and Go (ASQ hotel on night 5) or should I assume that I enter under the terms of the original Thai Pass? 

Also, assuming I test negative on day one, have planned to head north to Chiang Mai. As far as I'm aware it's fine for me to travel out of Bangkok and as long as I have address etc I can do day 5 test there? 

My wife works for a Thai consulate, and the advice they have is: first test night must be in an approved hotel with airport pick-up. Second test night must also be in an approved hotel, but not necessarily the same one as the first night. I suppose the only way of knowing for sure is when they open the application website. 

Rules are changing all the time, of course..... February 1st is still a long way off in covid time.

• Like 1

1st night in a hotel and then 5th night in a hotel.  This is going to create problems.   Keep it Simple Stuxxx? I got the Thai pass approved a few days ago for the 7 Day ASQ program.  I live in Chiang Mai so If I get the new Test and Go Thai Pass and at this time I do not see any ASQ Hotels in Chiang Mai so I guess I have to stay in BKK or return to BKK from CNX before day 5?  I’ll just do the 7 days in BKK and get it over with.  Besides the hotel I picked has good cable tv channels.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have seen nothing yet to confirm the need to stay in a AQ hotel on the firth night.

You only have to schedule a test for the 5th day and it can be anywhere in the country.

ubonjoe, I scanned the QR code on the pink slip copy and it only listed two hospitals in CM that (assuming) were the only two that you wouldn't have to pay when presenting the pink slip copy.  I went to Nakornping Hospital in Mae Rim (wife said it was closest from our Hang Dong location).  Had the test done on Thursday around 11am and received an email the next day "Your COVID test has been reported, please download the result from attach file. Thank you. NAKORNPING HOSPITAL" 

Just a heads up if the OP goes there.  They close at 3pm and close for lunch at 12 - 1pm.  Look for the "Test and Go" sign....it's next to the ground floor staff parking.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have seen nothing yet to confirm the need to stay in a AQ hotel on the firth night.

You only have to schedule a test for the 5th day and it can be anywhere in the country.

Are there AQ hotels everywhere in the country? And if so where do I find a list?

I did a search on Google but I could not find anything other  Bangkok 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, howlee101 said:

ubonjoe, I scanned the QR code on the pink slip copy and it only listed two hospitals in CM that (assuming) were the only two that you wouldn't have to pay when presenting the pink slip copy.  I went to Nakornping Hospital in Mae Rim (wife said it was closest from our Hang Dong location).  Had the test done on Thursday around 11am and received an email the next day "Your COVID test has been reported, please download the result from attach file. Thank you. NAKORNPING HOSPITAL" 

Just a heads up if the OP goes there.  They close at 3pm and close for lunch at 12 - 1pm.  Look for the "Test and Go" sign....it's next to the ground floor staff parking.

So for the second test you dont have to stay at a AQ hotel? 

I apologize for all these questions, I might have to travel out of the country in the next month (brother having triple bypass at 75 years old) and this whole thing is very confusing. 

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

So for the second test you dont have to stay at a AQ hotel? 

I apologize for all these questions, I might have to travel out of the country in the next month (brother having triple bypass at 75 years old) and this whole thing is very confusing. 

if you will apply for T&G from 1st february you will need to book also the 5th night and test. Hotel can be SHA++, doesnt have to be AQ

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, internationalism said:

if you will apply for T&G from 1st february you will need to book also the 5th night and test. Hotel can be SHA++, doesnt have to be AQ

Thank you for that reply.????

So I did a google search on SHA+ 

" SHA is a certificate given by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) to hotels and services that meet pandemic-level safety and health standards. ... Being a SHA+ hotel means more than 70 percent of the staff is fully vaccinated and that no unvaccinated staffers are allowed to have close contact with guests."

and it seems that most major hotels should be that . I hope!   

I think I found a couple in Khon Kaen, , I would need to call and ask them ofcourse, but if that's the case, it should not be that bad.

By the time I come back, the requirement might be eliminated anyway.

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

Thank you for that reply.????

So I did a google search on SHA+ 

" SHA is a certificate given by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) to hotels and services that meet pandemic-level safety and health standards. ... Being a SHA+ hotel means more than 70 percent of the staff is fully vaccinated and that no unvaccinated staffers are allowed to have close contact with guests."

and it seems that most major hotels should be that . I hope!   

I think I found a couple in Khon Kaen, , I would need to call and ask them ofcourse, but if that's the case, it should not be that bad.

By the time I come back, the requirement might be eliminated anyway.

must be SHA double +

or sometimes SHA plus +

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

1st night in a hotel and then 5th night in a hotel.  This is going to create problems.   Keep it Simple Stuxxx? I got the Thai pass approved a few days ago for the 7 Day ASQ program.  I live in Chiang Mai so If I get the new Test and Go Thai Pass and at this time I do not see any ASQ Hotels in Chiang Mai so I guess I have to stay in BKK or return to BKK from CNX before day 5?  I’ll just do the 7 days in BKK and get it over with.  Besides the hotel I picked has good cable tv channels.  

I'm thinking the same at the moment.I'll have a week in BKK

6 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

I can foresee more than a few not bothering to go back for the third PCR test in a week, what will be the penalty if caught?

You won't get a Thailand Pass to begin with unless you have prepaid for the day 5 test (probably inclusive of a 1 night hotel booking but nto definitively announced yet).

Presumably hotels will notify the authorities of any no-shows. I don't advise trying to test this. If they want to fine and/ot deport you, they can - you will be in violation of the law.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, internationalism said:

must be SHA double +

or sometimes SHA plus +

And must offer "test and Go" service.

Give it a little time, hotel packages and offers geared to the new requirements will emerge.

Some places in Bangkok are already offering a 5 day T&G package (days 1-4 being just lodging, days 0 & 5 including the PCR test) and more will surely follow suit.

I am hoping some upcountry places that are too far from the airport  to serve for initial T&G might start to offer the Day 5 T&G package. Because I would neither want to stay 5 nights in Bangkok nor leave then return just 4 days later. Checking in for a night somewhere  within say an hours drive for Day 5 PCR, I could see doing.

• Like 2