"Off-Shore [ O-S ] from LOS" Co. can legally 100 % own Land in LOS ; 1_ O-S Biz. operate Biz. on it ? 2_ O-S Co. can construct Dwelling[s] for "Falang" Owner & / or "Falang" Personnel on it ? 3_ O-S Co. can perform what Biz.[s] on it ?

Ref.

Very knowledgeable, & convincing, confirmations -- notably from poster "wjdw" & subsequently conceded with more-food-for-thought as so by poster "chiang mai" --  in thread link below that "off-shore from LOS" co. can legally 100 % own land in Thailand

https://aseannow.com/topic/952232-off-shore-from-los-co-can-legally-100-own-land-biz-address-dwelling-in-los/

Dear fellow Asean Now dot.com Posters,

Here is hoping that similarly persuasive replies will feature in this thread to explain :

1_

Can the "off-shore" co. [ or other co. ( if necessary ; please elaborate ) ] operate a biz. on :

1_1_

some of this land ?

or

1_2_

all of this land ?

2_

Can the "off-shore" co. [ or other co. ( if necessary ; please elaborate ) ] construct dwelling for their Falang owner & /or non-owner Falang personnel, on :

2_1_

some of this land ?

or

2_2_

all of this land ?

3_

What type of biz. can the "off-shore" co. [ or other co. ( if necessary ; please elaborate ) ] perform on this land ?

Regards,

Our Man in the Tropics

Edited by Our Man in the Tropics
  • Confused 1

Short answer: unless this is a BOI sponsored company (which means a company that the authorities believes brings unusually big benefits to Thailand) the answer to all your questions is "no". Land ownership is one of the benefits that BOI sponsorship can confer, but the application is complicated, and forget using this as simply a way to overcome normal laws against land ownership by foreigners.

15 hours ago, BritTim said:

Short answer: unless this is a BOI sponsored company (which means a company that the authorities believes brings unusually big benefits to Thailand) the answer to all your questions is "no". Land ownership is one of the benefits that BOI sponsorship can confer, but the application is complicated, and forget using this as simply a way to overcome normal laws against land ownership by foreigners.

Thanks for ur helpful reply BritTim ;

U do give convincingly useful info. about Bord of Investment [ B.O.I. ] option.

However, were u to view the URL I supplied in my original post above,- u will find confirmation by fellow poster wjdw that an "off-shore from Thailand" company -- owned only by Falang[s] non-citizen[s] of Thailand -- can indeed 100 % own 100 % of respective land in Thailand.

47 minutes ago, Our Man in the Tropics said:

Thanks for ur helpful reply BritTim ;

U do give convincingly useful info. about Bord of Investment [ B.O.I. ] option.

However, were u to view the URL I supplied in my original post above,- u will find confirmation by fellow poster wjdw that an "off-shore from Thailand" company -- owned only by Falang[s] non-citizen[s] of Thailand -- can indeed 100 % own 100 % of respective land in Thailand.

I considered adding some information about what lawyers do to get around the law that foreigners cannot own land. The technique used is to set up a company that is, on paper, Thai owned, but in reality where you have control. Such games have been declared illegal by the authorities, and occasionally, action against such shell companies has been taken. Personally, I would not take the risk.

For further information, read https://www.samuiforsale.com/real-estate/foreigners-warned-on-land.html

Hi TimBrit,

I read-for-gist the article u gave the link for ;

Very interesting.

And,- being kept open for proper reading.

Of course,- it will be bookmarked too.

Many thanks.

Still,- I perceive that all of the situations referred to in that article do not apply to the

"off-shore from Thailand company" -- British Virgin Islands [ B.V.I. ] -- purchase at 100 %, & accordingly granting 100 % ownership, of 100 % of the respective land to the owner[s] of that company [ e.g. non-Thai(s) ] situation

that was confirmed by our very impressive fellow poster "wjdw".

Did u read that thread supplied as link in the very 1st post of this thread ?

And, especially,- did u understand, & note, the stunning information being confirmed, & elaborated upon, by "wjdw" ?

Let's remind ourselves that no country is allowed -- by the folks who control the world -- to ultimately totally evade facility for any foreigner to "100 % own" AND "100 % control" AND "personally occupy" [ if so decided ], some "100 %" of any parcel of physical land marketed for sale ;

Otherwise,- these folks will categorise that country into being a so-called "rogue" state.

Eventually,- they get proxy-warrior bad-bush country of the day to smash such a country.

Regards,

Our Man in the Tropics