Pattaya pub raided at 5:00 A.M. for allegedly breaking Covid -19 rules, 8 Chinese and Thai nationals reportedly tested positive for drugs

webfact

S__4767760-696x322.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya – Pattaya police raided a pub this morning (January 22nd) for allegedly breaking Covid-19 rules. Eight Chinese and Thai nationals also reportedly tested positive for illegal drugs.

The raid at 5:00 A.M. was led by the Pattaya City Police Chief Colonel Kunlachart Kunlachai. The venue, identified by Pattaya Police as ‘Bone Pub’, is located on Petch Trakun Road in Nongprue.

The raid followed Pattaya police receiving a phone tip-off from an anonymous concerned citizen claiming they were afraid of the potential spread of Covid-19 and that the venue was allegedly opened. Police arrived at the pub which at first glance appeared to be shut and fully locked.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/22/pattaya-pub-raided-at-500-a-m-for-allegedly-breaking-covid-19-rules-8-chinese-and-thai-nationals-reportedly-tested-positive-for-drugs/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-01-24

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

No, not the Chinese! The QUALITY TOURISTS we so desperately need. Surely they'll go easy on them. It is Chinese New Year after all.

I miss the good ol' days of the mamasan drawing the curtains, and continuing to drink and er, enjoy the staff until 5 am. A few big bottles does me in now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The raid followed Pattaya police receiving a phone tip-off from an anonymous concerned citizen claiming they were afraid of the potential spread of Covid-19 and that the venue was allegedly opened. Police arrived at the pub which at first glance appeared to be shut and fully locked.

Naughty naughty.

'found many people drinking alcohol and singing without masks or social distancing' yet the police had to negotiate with staff to get in?  Surely enough time to toss the booze, don masks and uncouple from clinches? And what's a senior cop doing working at 5am?  He'll need a month off to catch up on his sleep.

• Haha 2

Does testing positive for drugs in Thailand automatically lead to prosecution? Tests for THC can be positive for as long as a month after last use of marijuana. If a tourist on a two week holiday tested positive for THC they may not have come close to weed whilst in Thailand and had therefore broken no laws.

1 hour ago, samjaidee said:

Does testing positive for drugs in Thailand automatically lead to prosecution? Tests for THC can be positive for as long as a month after last use of marijuana. If a tourist on a two week holiday tested positive for THC they may not have come close to weed whilst in Thailand and had therefore broken no laws.

Short answer. Yes 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This place was very busy on New Years Eve. As a nightclub it should be closed but I presume "arrangements" were in place to facilitate opening.

There are no neighbouring businesses in the area; the club is behind Terminal 21 so I imagine a misunderstanding somewhere along or up the line has brought about this raid.

BTW it is on Soi Pettrakul, off Pattaya Nua, not the mis-translated location in the OP.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 5:37 AM, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

No, not the Chinese! The QUALITY TOURISTS we so desperately need. Surely they'll go easy on them. It is Chinese New Year after all.

I miss the good ol' days of the mamasan drawing the curtains, and continuing to drink and er, enjoy the staff until 5 am. A few big bottles does me in now.

yep im getting that way also

• Like 1