Can I get an import and export registration or licence also online?

It depends what the articles are. Different articles require permission from different government departments.

Medicine, firearms, radio transceivers, palm oil. They all require permission from different government departments.

What do you want to import?

• Like 1

I am assuming you want the toys to resell commercially?

There is no way of doing that online. Don't forget you need to submit samples for laboratory analysis before permission will be granted.

If you want convenience then I would suggest you use an agent. They aren't particularly cheap though.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, thaibestlover said:

Allright. Thanks. I wonder what they want analyse on a plastic toy, lol.

The plastic itself? Many toys now are imported illegally and not checked and can cause cancer to kids. Thank you China.

The real issue is not even to be able and get a license, it is that once you do that and pay all your taxes as law prescribes, you make no or little profit margin due to illegal competitors.

This is why I stopped doing a previous Lazada/Shopee business, with proper products the illegal way 20-40% profit margins and the legal way a few percent only (while still dealing with a lot of damaged products, returns and more).

Would be more logical to do it the proper way abroad and run the business from here.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibestlover said:

Better doing it the proper right way. I have no other idea what to do instead.

Not saying it is impossible, but I personally think it is easier to do abroad, for starters because laws and rules are clear + the majority of people (have to) follow them. Aside of being able to own the business, and if you left here, still keeping the business.

Also, imagining covid is gone, you can easily visit China to source products.

Edited by ChaiyaTH