VOA + existing covid extension - is this valid now

A friend of mine has a VOA 15 days(Indien) and a covid extension valid till March.

I just came across the news that VOA and non immigration visa holders cannot apply for new covid extension.

What does this mean for people who already hold the voa+ covid extension? I understand that they cannot apply for a new one going forward, but what about validity of existing extensions which are already stamped on their passport? Are they also now rendered invalid?

Reference: Photo I got from Twitter

9432E47D-48F8-4FB3-BC11-58F678D3FC52.jpeg

37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He he has a 15 day entry from a VOA he will have to leave the country before his current extension ends. A visa on arrival normally cannot be extended for any length of time or change to a non immigrant visa.

Actually he already has a covid extension (valid till march) over his VOA.

What I am wondering is, since now no new covid extensions are issued to people who have VOA or Non Immigrant visa, what happens to people who already got a valid covid extensions before the announcement. Do they all need to leave the country immigration now? Even though the old extensions are valid for few more weeks

Edited by theghizmo

6 minutes ago, theghizmo said:

Actually he already has a covid extension (valid till march) over his VOA.

What I am wondering is, since now no new covid extensions are issued to people who have VOA or Non Immigrant visa, what happens to people who already got a valid covid extensions before the announcement. Do they all need to leave the country immigration now? Even though the old extensions are valid for few more weeks

Any existing extension issued under the old rules remains valid as stamped.

The new order just means that he won't be able to apply for another Covid extension. It doesn't revoke his existing extension. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, theghizmo said:

Do they all need to leave the country immigration now? Even though the old extensions are valid for few more weeks

Edited 5 minutes ago by theghizmo

No

The existing extension will be valid unit it expires.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1