How To Tell Google That They Can't Spell

JetsetBkk

While I was at it, I also told them to fix "Phanga Road" - should be "Phangnga Road".

These names only appear in what looks like an overlay. As you zoom in, the incorrect names disappear and the correct names are present in the actual map.

17 hours ago, digbeth said:

Some cartographer introduce deliberate mistake in their map, so that if someone copied their data, they have prove that it's copied from theirs

Yes, I've encountered that in decrypted (hacked) datasets eg a digitised list of UK phone codes.

Google Maps could not find there way out of a wet paper bag. I listed my wife's business with the actual street address but Google Maps did not like the location so they moved it to an area about 3 kilometres away from where the business is located and it did not matter how many times I tried to edit the location they stil0l had it listed at the wrong location so I gave up and removed the listing because Google Maps are nothing but a bunch of incompetent idiots. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

Google Maps could not find there way out of a wet paper bag. I listed my wife's business with the actual street address but Google Maps did not like the location so they moved it to an area about 3 kilometres away from where the business is located and it did not matter how many times I tried to edit the location they stil0l had it listed at the wrong location so I gave up and removed the listing because Google Maps are nothing but a bunch of incompetent idiots. 

ah yes typical IT idiots    i understand completly  

2 hours ago, Russell17au said:

You mean Google maps did not get you THEIR?   LOL

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Russell17au said:

About as much use as a fart in a colander, same a Google translate.

I see the same "PHUCKET ROAD".

It vanishes after zooming in.

And the label at the actual road is correct (Phuket Rd).

So the above about overlay sounds plausible.

If I click on PHUCKET ROAD I get some text description about the lively "Phuket Road".

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I see the same "PHUCKET ROAD".

It vanishes after zooming in.

And the label at the actual road is correct (Phuket Rd).

So the above about overlay sounds plausible.

If I click on PHUCKET ROAD I get some text description about the lively "Phuket Road".

Exactly. The error appears to be in an overlay that is not actually part of the map. The same is with "Phanga" road.

Maybe I should send my image to the little darlings at Google to help them.

Except, I can't - it's from "[email protected]".

I'll send another "Wrong information" message - hopefully I can attach the image below.

498688036_PhucketRoad.jpg.b315524fd2bd97d502f60f5d54485499.jpg

Edited by JetsetBkk