Under consideration period for extension

when we did the application for the extension it went very fast and easy, I have always got  the extension stamp a week or so before the under consideration period finishes for all the years I have been here but this time it is different, was asked to re do the bank book 2 weeks ago with another deposit and with only 3 days left to get approval I have not been contacted, wife phoned yesterday and they said if we havent heard from them to come in next week but by then I will be past the required date, have to wonder if covid is slowing it all down or they are getting too many that are doing dodgy renewals making hard for those of us that do the right thing, also have to wonder if they just want 2000 baht to get an extension of time.

I think you might find it is because of all these Covid extensions that are also under consideration that there is a much bigger workload. My last extension took 6 weeks to be approved, there was nothing wrong with the application but it was just the extra time waiting for the extension stamp

• Like 1

this is really confusing post 

is this for a covid 60 day ext  or is it something else   what does the bankbook have to do with cv ext ?

you guys seem to interpret this as cv  but op is confusing 

• Like 1

My guess it's extension of Stay based on Marriage to a Thai!!

If so, I asked IO last year about this and he said that if you haven't heard from them before the day that is stamped in your Passport, you have to go back and ask!

You won't be on overstay!

Edited by MJCM
SpElLiNg
  • Like 1

thanks for the answers, it is for an extension based on marriage with money in the bank, will go in friday to see if they will extend the under consideration period so I dont go into overstay as it runs out on sunday. Thought covid might have something to do with it but the check on the bank during the under consideration period was new, will post what happens  after I go in friday.

8 hours ago, seajae said:

thanks for the answers, it is for an extension based on marriage with money in the bank, will go in friday to see if they will extend the under consideration period so I dont go into overstay as it runs out on sunday. Thought covid might have something to do with it but the check on the bank during the under consideration period was new, will post what happens  after I go in friday.

You will not be on an overstay after the report back date on the under consideration stamp. That day is just the expected day your extension is expected to be approved.

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay in the country until your extension is approved.

• Like 2

On 1/27/2022 at 8:26 AM, ubonjoe said:

You will not be on an overstay after the report back date on the under consideration stamp. That day is just the expected day your extension is expected to be approved.

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay in the country until your extension is approved.

thanks ubonjoe, was going to go in this morning but will wait now till I hear from them

36 minutes ago, seajae said:

thanks ubonjoe, was going to go in this morning but will wait now till I hear from them

Not all offices will contact you when the application is approved. You should contact them about it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not all offices will contact you when the application is approved. You should contact them about it.

to update this, I got a call late yesterday afternoon telling me to come in on Monday to get my stamp, thanks for the replies