TR VISA Extension 1st time only 30 days regular or 60 day Covid ext??

Hi I entered Dec 12 w/ 60 day TR Visa ending Feb 9, I called Chumpohn Imm Office, woman sed can only get 30 day regular ext then can apply for 60 day Covid ext. I also called Dan Singkorn in PKK province the woman there sed pretty much the same ...'just 30 day ext...' and also called HHQ Hua Hin they of course wanted an email from my US Embassy for 60 day Covid Ext. and no mention I'm only eligible for the 30 day ext first. Anybody know this info is true? ie only 30 day ext first and then 60 day after??

45 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You have to obtain the "standard" 30 day extension first. 

After that you can apply for covid 60 day extension. 

Each one is 1900 baht..

Always good yo see you give the correct advise even when it is a recent new stricter rule ....????

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It isn't recent. 

Been that way throughout..

Keep up. 

Yes ...but now I.O. is enforcing it ????

That's the difference ....

Anyway good you make those "Covid runners" aware of it...????

Edited by david555

Just now, david555 said:

Yes ...but now I.O. is enforcing it ????

That's the difference ....

Please stop. 

It's been common and well know requirement that folk with a tourist visa or visa exempt entry are required to obtain the standard 30 day extension before they are eligible for covid extension.

This question has been asked many times over a long period and the answer is the same. 

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Please stop. 

It's been common and well know requirement that folk with a tourist visa or visa exempt entry are required to obtain the standard 30 day extension before they are eligible for covid extension.

This question has been asked many times over a long period and the answer is the same. 

I guess this is the first reporting covid ext. denied..?

Edited by david555
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Cowboy1 said:

My Multi-entry tourist visa expires 28th Feb (last entry 10th May) - can i get the 30 day extension now? so taking me till end of March....assuming i cannot get 60 day extension? thank in advance

I assume the 60 day permit to stay you got from your tourist visa ends on February 28th not your visa that is expiring.

You will not be able to apply for the 30 day extension until about 2 weeks before the 28th of February.

Then after that prior to March 25th you could apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume the 60 day permit to stay you got from your tourist visa ends on February 28th not your visa that is expiring.

You will not be able to apply for the 30 day extension until about 2 weeks before the 28th of February.

Then after that prior to March 25th you could apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension.

OK great, thanks for confirming. I entered 30th Dec 2021...so until 28th Feb....multi-entry visit says last entry 10th May......cheers.

UPDATE: I got the standard 30 day ext today at the Dan Singkorn PKK IO. I wish I could say it was painless. I showed up w/ a TM 30 from my landlady.(she was clueless about this form and how to fill it out but we managed) I had plenty of copies of Passport Data page and entry stamp w/ TM 6 BUT the guy would not accept a copy that wasnt an A4 page. I had I full page copy of passport info page (full sized image) and I cut the stamp/wTM 6 page down to 2/3 of an A4 page. It still was full size image but not a whole A4 page ! This guy wouldnt accept it, wouldnt make a copy on the machine literally next to him, he wasnt busy ,only 1 other alien there. All he did is tell me come back on Monday, he spoke really no English so he fiddles w/ his moble and gets it to say via speech to text that foreigners had to comply to Immigration Laws and rules ! What a rude, inhospitable and inflexible excuse for  a human. If U have never been to Dan Singhorn in PKK its far from town in the hinterlands near the little used, except Burmese workers, border. and I was on a bicycle ! After riding 1.5 hours there I had to ride for almost an hour to Klong Wan to make a 1 baht copy and ride back in the hottest part of the day. BTW Im 70 and fit But the sun is brutal midday, anyways done deal. Hope I never c that guy again he was the same inhospitable officer 2 years ago and 3 years ago too !

• Haha 1