Fourteen BA.2 COVID cases detected in Thailand, one dead

snoop1130

49557785797_6507e70a84_c-768x623.jpg

Photo: The US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)

The number of Omicron BA.2 sub-variant COVID-19 cases in Thailand has increased to 14 to date. One has died.

Medical Sciences Department Director-General Dr. Supakit Sirilak said today (Wednesday) that the deceased was an 86-year-old woman, living in Hat Yai district of Songkhla. She was bed-ridden and afflicted with Alzheimer’s disease. She had been inoculated with two vaccine doses and contracted COVID-19 from a member of her family.

Her death was not new as she was declared to be the first fatality from the Omicron variant in Thailand. It was later discovered that her infection was of the BA.2 sub-variant of the Omicron.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/fourteen-ba-2-covid-cases-detected-in-thailand-one-dead/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-01-26

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

2 hours ago, LittleBear57 said:

Sad though it is. Did she die from it or with it and her death was from her other health issues. Please lets stop panicking. 

Everything you say is correct except I would not had said "lets stop panicking. " that would insinuate that we have been panicking and overreacting,  I would had said "let's not panic" which is good advice in any situation. 

On 1/27/2022 at 12:02 PM, sirineou said:

Everything you say is correct except I would not had said "lets stop panicking. " that would insinuate that we have been panicking and overreacting,  I would had said "let's not panic" which is good advice in any situation. 

Don't panic Captain Mainwaring! Brings a smile to my face.

• Haha 1

On 1/27/2022 at 11:59 AM, Mr Derek said:

Do we need to get this kind of non-news shoved down our throats every day? In an average week in Thailand over 250 people die of/with ordinary influenza. Strange how we don't get to hear about that.

The Flu just ain't sexy enough in this present climate....no money to be made

On 1/27/2022 at 11:59 AM, Mr Derek said:

Do we need to get this kind of non-news shoved down our throats every day? In an average week in Thailand over 250 people die of/with ordinary influenza. Strange how we don't get to hear about that.

We don't get to hear about it because your claim is simply untrue.