Test & Go Mk2

Is the new Test & Go now a fact or must it appear in The Royal Gazette first?   If it is a fact, do we assume that the the medical cover for Asymptomtic Covid mention at the CCSA Press briefing on 22 January is also a fact or is it to be ignored as wishful thinking on the part of the CCSA?

If it has to appear in The Royal Gazette has that happened, or is it still waiting to be published, remembring it all suppose to come into force in 5 days time!

Edited by Havenstreet1940

I have seen nothing official yet and the Thailand Pass site has not been updated yet.

It does not have to be posted in they Royal Gazette since the authority to make the changes have already been granted to them under the emergency decree.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have seen nothing official yet and the Thailand Pass site has not been updated yet.

It does not have to be posted in they Royal Gazette since the authority to make the changes have already been granted to them under the emergency decree.

Perhaps they are having second thoughts,or is that too much to wish for?

Asymptomatic was not mentioned in  any official documents, still its minimum $50k health. 
in an interest of a positive patient is to show any symptoms, so it's more clear insurer will cover the bill no matter what they write in the small print). Also in an interest of hospital is to have a patient with many symptoms, so they can charge insurer more. And to be sure, that they dont skin their patient. 
people, who were tested positive and insurance refused payment, were left alone to quarantine at any hotel they were staying at that time. Also send to self-quarantine, if they have homes. Looks like with omicron there is much less drama, than it was with delta and the precious ones. Understandable. 

there also hopes, and chances, that the second pcr test and 5th day booking will be dropped. So if you are not in rush would be better to wait, delay travel a bit. 

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, internationalism said:

Asymptomatic was not mentioned in  any official documents, still its minimum $50k health. 
in an interest of a positive patient is to show any symptoms, so it's more clear insurer will cover the bill no matter what they write in the small print). Also in an interest of hospital is to have a patient with many symptoms, so they can charge insurer more. And to be sure, that they dont skin their patient. 
people, who were tested positive and insurance refused payment, were left alone to quarantine at any hotel they were staying at that time. Also send to self-quarantine, if they have homes. Looks like with omicron there is much less drama, than it was with delta and the precious ones. Understandable. 

there also hopes, and chances, that the second pcr test and 5th day booking will be dropped. So if you are not in rush would be better to wait, delay travel a bit. 

Smart travelers will still buy Covid insurance that covers asymptomatic quarantine if testing positive as the new variant seems to have fewer symptoms. The 50k health insurance won't cover it so you may consider staying with a higher 100k Covid insurance and not risk the cash outlay should you test positive without symptoms.  Just my opinion 

The Thai authorities know that this will bring very few extra visitors (tourists, business travellers or returning expats) to the country that are not already here. The Gov truly don't care. Clearly at this stage, it's almost as easy to get infected locally as almost anywhere else in the developed world. I know many here who recently contracted it and self isolated before being captured and carted off to the expensive Gulag. I arrived last week on my second "Test & Go" since November. Three PCR tests in one week all told and thankful that all were negative. From 1st February entering on T&G means a return to SHA+ hotel on day 5 for the 3rd test and extra cost. The country is crumbling economically all for the sake of what is now typically less severe than a mild case of the flu (especially for those of us double jabbed and boosted). Go on, take a chance, roll the dice and hope you get lucky coming here. Receiving that 3rd negative PCR test result and seeing the green QR code on Mor Chana feels like winning the lottery. But for me it's still worth the effort to be "home" in LOS.