Need To Find A Loving Home For My Blind Cat.

Hi

Around 8 months ago i rescued a kitten from outside Pantip plaza. She was in bad shape and extremely confused and frightened. I later found out she was blind and as a result cannot go outside. This doesnt hamper her too much and she is fully litter trained. I have come to love her very much but unfortunately i need to return to the UK.

I am going out of my mind with worry as to what i can do. I can't take her with me as it is a long stint in quarantine which is just too cruel and unfair. I also can't bear the thought of leaving her with someone who is not able to give her the special attention she deserves. She currently lives alone with me in my sukhumvit apartment and has had all her vaccinations.

Im pleading with any animal lovers out there. If you are a cat lover then i really need to find a home for her. If you can take care of her or know another animal lover who can please can you get in touch. Im willing to deliver her to any location in Thailand. It would be better if you didnt have a cat already as she has been living alone since the first month of her life however if your current cat has a placid temperament then it might be ok.

Thank you for your help.

Hello,

I feel for you, though we have 9 cats right now (how did I get nine cats?) and it wouldn't be fair to your buddy. Not sure about the quarantine time but I did take a cat with me to Thailand and it was not that bad.. I did sedate him on the way over and I am sure you can get meds into your quarantine area in the UK as well. Sedating her until she hooks up with you again might be your best bet. She knows your voice, your smell, your way of doing things, and your habits ....anyone else is going to be extremely hard for her. Again, I am not trying to make it harder for you.. I know what your going through. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Hi

Around 8 months ago i rescued a kitten from outside Pantip plaza. She was in bad shape and extremely confused and frightened. I later found out she was blind and as a result cannot go outside. This doesnt hamper her too much and she is fully litter trained. I have come to love her very much but unfortunately i need to return to the UK.

I am going out of my mind with worry as to what i can do. I can't take her with me as it is a long stint in quarantine which is just too cruel and unfair. I also can't bear the thought of leaving her with someone who is not able to give her the special attention she deserves. She currently lives alone with me in my sukhumvit apartment and has had all her vaccinations.

Im pleading with any animal lovers out there. If you are a cat lover then i really need to find a home for her. If you can take care of her or know another animal lover who can please can you get in touch. Im willing to deliver her to any location in Thailand. It would be better if you didnt have a cat already as she has been living alone since the first month of her life however if your current cat has a placid temperament then it might be ok.

Thank you for your help.

Thank you for your comments swain.

I dont know if you are familiar with UK quarantine regulations but they are extremely strict, unpleasant for the cat and very, very expensive. She would have to stay in a cage for 6 months and with her being unable to see i just couldnt possibly put her thru that. My time in the UK might also be short and may be moved to another country after a few months. I just want her to be happy and settled somewhere even though it breaks my heart to leave her.

It really would be the best if i could find a loving home for her here. If anyone can help please contact me.

Many thanks.

UK quarentine is not great. My aunt took her two cats from Nassau back to the UK where they were very unhappy and took many months to get back to their old selves after the 6 months ordeal. I sympathise that taking her with you is not valid for you. However, is there not a new way of detecting rabies now, so they dont go through the 6 months cageing? I recal some time ago a programme where they can take a simple blood test. Wither it has been put into action, i do not know. May be worth looking into more.

I honestly wish i could take your kitty as i desperately miss my cats (who are with my ex in the UK), but my permanent situation is unpredictable, so sadly I cannot, as would be unfair on her.

If i hear of anyone who can help i will get in touch.

They have a new system called PETS but it does not apply to Thailand, had you been living in Singapore in no time at all the animal is in the country. UK is a rabies free zone, so I understand the motivation to keep it this way.

Thank you for your comments swain.

I dont know if you are familiar with UK quarantine regulations but they are extremely strict, unpleasant for the cat and very, very expensive. She would have to stay in a cage for 6 months and with her being unable to see i just couldnt possibly put her thru that. My time in the UK might also be short and may be moved to another country after a few months. I just want her to be happy and settled somewhere even though it breaks my heart to leave her.

It really would be the best if i could find a loving home for her here. If anyone can help please contact me.

Many thanks.

Just bumping this up a bit. I really would be grateful if someone could help me out.

Many thanks.

It is not possible to send your cat to your parents in Spain or Portugal, as you asked on a former thread a week or so ago?

My heart goes out to this little angel. Alas I have a cat who is most definitely not "placid" with respect to any other cat , or I'd take her in a flash. Suggest you post a picture here, it often helps, and keep refreshing the post as it takes time.

Sorry for not returning to this sooner but i have been out of town for a few days.

Thank you everyone for your contribution to my thread. I have just had her speyed and her vaccinations are totally upto date. I am a huge animal lover and it will break my heart to give her away but if i can find a really loving home i will feel so much better about it.

I will try to take a photo and add it in a few days.

Many thanks for reading.

I hope it works out too......

i have no experience with cat.....but wish i could help in some way....unfortunately my situation is not stable enough either :o

so am really really hoping elfe will be your lil kitty's new companion

i know that soi dog rescue in bkk has foster homes for cats too, let's first find out if they have a place available.

another thing i could do is to find a home or foster home in germany then the op could fly home via germany to deliver the cat.

if all not works she could stay with me until i find a home for her, but should be the last option as she would stay here with my many cats in the catrun, my cats are very good with each other i think it's not a problem. if so or if she has problems to find her ways there, she would stay in a separate room but mostly on her own as i don't have much time because of my dogs... this should be the last option though...

still hope that a good home can be found, is there nobody out there with a heart for the poor blindie??

cannot be that hopeless? :o

• 1 month later...
yes do post a pic...I will try to ask around.....

Martin...when do you leave the country?

Hello again. Appologies for the lack of replies for the last few weeks i was waiting until my circumstances became clearer.

I still plan to leave Thailand in the next few weeks and I unfortunately have still not found a home for my cat. It really is a huge worry for me as i have become so attached to her.

Once again i would like to appeal for a kind animal lover to help me out. Just to remind everyone that she is unfortunately blind which means that she cannot go outside. She is fully litter trained however and manages to get around fine. She just needs a little extra love and attention thats all. She has been spayed and has had all her vaccinations.

If you can help or know anyone who can then please send me a message.

Many thanks.