Documents required to transfer stamps to new passport

techno

There's one form available outside under the canopied area.....You have to make copies of your old passport - all pages....My US passport came with a letter to present to immigration asking that they transfer the necessary stamps.....There is a copy place at the back should they need anything else....

I got there close to opening & it still took about 3 hours.....

You're right, but that's not always how immigration sees it. I went with said letter and copies of old passport, only to be refused because I hadn't brought my work permit. 

When I asked to see the list of required documents,  they claimed not to have one. I then told them that their front information counter had told me I was good to go, and only after strongly pushing would they transfer the stamp reluctantly. A complete bunch of useless tossers if you ask me. 

Edited by John Bird

There is NO charge for the transferal of stamps. Some offices/ officers may try and get you to pay. I've done it twice over the years. First time I was told 'No Charge'. Second time the officer said, when I gave him my passport, '400 Baht no receipt'. I told him 'No'. He gave my passport to a officer on the next table and he did it 'No charge'.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, John Bird said:

You're right, but that's not always how immigration sees it. I went with said letter and copies of old passport, only to be refused because I hadn't brought my work permit. 

When I asked to see the list of required documents,  they claimed not to have one. I then told them that their front information counter had told me I was good to go, and only after strongly pushing would they transfer the stamp reluctantly. A complete bunch of useless tossers if you ask me. 

But you didn't have your original  passport? But they still let you do the transfer? And you call them useless tossers?

I had my US passport transfer done last week at Chiang Mai immigration, arrived around 1:15 and it took less than an hour to complete.  In addition to the form, embassy letter and passport copies you will also need copies of tm6, tm30, and your last 90 day report.

Would note that CM Immigration won't accept the one form (form to transfer stamps to new passport) you can find online....so use the one at CM Immigration.  Also, you have no need to have your papers reviewed outside, simply go inside and hand your packet to the people at window #3.

• Like 1

Did mine at CNX few weeks ago--got my new PP in mail with old one and a letter from Embassy

Copied all pages in OLD PP and they transferred my stamp to new PP.......and attached my TM30 and dep card to new PP.....just did my covid ext yesterday so Im good until March 20

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to confirm:  At CNX do ALL pages of the old passport need to be photocopied?  If "all," both used and unused pages?  "Used" pages.  Or just ID page? I mention this because it is common for some posters mention of "passport pages"  meaning just the ID pages.

I am now at 50 used "Visa" pages and still have a year (actually about 18 months) to go.  I note one year because the renewal request needs time to be acted upon.

I can see why Immigration would want to see each and every page so they can have  "proof" of no restrictions, black marks, etc.

4 hours ago, Mapguy said:

Just to confirm:  At CNX do ALL pages of the old passport need to be photocopied?  If "all," both used and unused pages?  "Used" pages.  Or just ID page? I mention this because it is common for some posters mention of "passport pages"  meaning just the ID pages.

What I presented (a copy of only used pages plus the page with photo id and signature) a month ago was accepted without comment.  This was the second time I've transferred stamps to a new passport and I didn't provide copies of blank pages the last time either.