Renewal Thai driving license

jonnyscot

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

That's on the way I've been told. My wife did mine for me using my Thai ID number from my yellow book. We asked about the English version whilst at the DLT and was told that it's still in development.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that aspect.

Thanks, I don't have a pink card or yellow book.

So maybe best I go to the DLT office (Pattaya) and ask about making an appointment.

• Like 1

I believe I've finally all the documents in order. Am I able to book an appointment at the DLT or should I just go out there in the morning? Can I get everything done in one day? I'm trying my best to find info on the website, but no success. 

Bang Lamung/Chon Buri 

On 2/7/2022 at 11:05 PM, aldriglikvid said:

I believe I've finally all the documents in order. Am I able to book an appointment at the DLT or should I just go out there in the morning? Can I get everything done in one day? I'm trying my best to find info on the website, but no success. 

Bang Lamung/Chon Buri 

I went to the Pattaya DLT on Monday, you need to go there in person with your current licence and passport to book the appointment date.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, fulhamster said:

I went to the Pattaya DLT on Monday, you need to go there in person with your current licence and passport to book the appointment date.

I see, then it's settled. ???? 

I see that it's closing around 4pm. Going in the morning would be the obvious choice but I'm working until ~1pm. To book an appointment, would your guess that 2-3h is sufficient? 

Also, how far ahead did you get your appointment? Thanks! ????

• Like 1

21 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

I see, then it's settled. ???? 

I see that it's closing around 4pm. Going in the morning would be the obvious choice but I'm working until ~1pm. To book an appointment, would your guess that 2-3h is sufficient? 

Also, how far ahead did you get your appointment? Thanks! ????

I think you need to be at the DLT by 2.30pm when making the appointment.

I was offered the day the day after my licence expires.

The options are for 9am or 2.30pm -- up to you.

But it looks like they are only accepting 20 for each session

• 5 months later...
On 2/1/2022 at 3:31 PM, Moonlover said:

I have just returned from Sakon Nakhon DLT offices with my new licenses. There is a new procedure in place since my last visit.

Firstly you have to download an appointment app called 'dlt smart queue' and book yourself an appointment. Mine was 1 week hence. 

You then have to go to a website called DLT E learning. (link below) create an account for yourself and login. Once in you have to watch a road safety video and answer 3 multiple choice questions. (the answers are in the video so pay attention)

Once you have successfully answered the questions the website issues you with a pass certificate which you must show when you turn up for your appointment.

My licenses had expired by 1 week and so I too now have replacements which a good for almost 6 years. I shall be 82 then so I don't know whether I'll be needing them again. But you never know!

https://www.dlt-elearning.com/Home/ForeignerIndex

Good post but what did you have to produce in Sakon Nakhon. I ask because it seems everywhere is different,

My main enquiry is do you need a letter from immigation confirming your adress or is your Yellow book sufficiant?

On 8/5/2022 at 1:57 PM, Tanlic said:

Good post but what did you have to produce in Sakon Nakhon. I ask because it seems everywhere is different,

My main enquiry is do you need a letter from immigation confirming your adress or is your Yellow book sufficiant?

I used my yellow house book. No problem with that.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2022 at 1:57 PM, Tanlic said:

100% they will NOT accept your yellow book..good idea to take it with you to immigration when going to get a letter. Also take a couple of passport pics as they glued mines to the letter and stamped over it

• 7 months later...
On 2/6/2022 at 7:49 AM, skatewash said:

Go the day after your birthday and you will get nearly 6 years instead of 5, but you are vulnerable to being fined (1,000 baht) if stopped while driving with an expire license.

This clears up my confusion.   I don't want to drive from mid-June until mid-November with an expired license.

I have a 2 year license which I will be renewing for 5 more years.  Is the procedure for renewing my initial 2 year license the same as renewing a 5 year license?

• 5 months later...