Not All Bad News for COVID extension to Non-O Marriage Visa Holders

Today I got my extension stamp at Pathum Thani immigration to complete my application for a 60 COVID extension.  I was prepared, based on the recent negative reports of the 7 days stamps to receive the same (not looking forward to it, but prepared).  So I was extremely happy and thankful to see my extension to 25 March.  I had applied for the 60 days on 19 February, received the usual 15 day under consideration stamp and then started reading the negative reports.  I thought some of you would be happy to read some good news.  It's really good for me, because I am planning to go to the US in early March and really didn't want to go in the dead of winter (March is cool enough).

My Non-O was obtain at Savannakhet in December 2019 and was based on Marriage and a Child.  I've lived in the same house that I bought (yes, the wife owns it) in 2005.  Does that make any difference? Only God and Immigration knows.

• Like 1

"had applied for the 60 days on 19 February, received the usual 15 day under consideration stamp"

Unless you're a time traveller, do you mean 19 January, if so that means you were under the old extension rules so outcome would be expected?

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

"had applied for the 60 days on 19 February, received the usual 15 day under consideration stamp"

Unless you're a time traveller, do you mean 19 January, if so that means you were under the old extension rules so outcome would be expected?

I think that is what happened indeed and that would not bring any indications that the new rules have changed.

7 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

I think that is what happened indeed and that would not bring any indications that the new rules have changed.

Your under consideration period means very little.

You 60 covid extension was virtually approved on January 19.

Returning for final stamp is just that..

Not much for non O guys to pin any hope on. 

Hopefully the government will wake up to the fact that this is a poorly thought through policy.

Until a land border opens covid extensions should be available.

Granted that the non O marriage and retirement guys do have an option and can use it..

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Hopefully the government will wake up to the fact that this is a poorly thought through policy.

Until a land border opens covid extensions should be available.

Granted that the non O marriage and retirement guys do have an option and can use it..

Agreed, The OP applied before Jan 26th, so his post doesn't indicate any good news unfortunately.

Like you said, I hope the government will reflect on their policies. It might happen if the Test and Go is not a wild success.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Got me, I meant 19 January and I'm not being allowed to edit it.

Edited by AgMech Cowboy

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Considering I started seeing these reports on 7 day extensions / 60 refusals shortly after my application and not knowing their date requirements, etc. I dared not ass-u-me that I would be extend to the full 60. I guess you're 'on the know' with the bosses in immigration.  I don't bank on anything until it's stamped in the passport.

35 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Considering I started seeing these reports on 7 day extensions / 60 refusals .......

Not sure I follow.

When an application is refused at immigration they can give a refusal and 7 day notice to exit Thailand (it's not an extension).

If someone applies for a covid extension and is given an 'under consideration period'.... the application is approved. Your just required to return for your final stamp.

Have you read a report where someone returned and final stamp not given? 

• Like 1