Opening A Thai Bank Account

Hi,

I'm looking to open a current account with a Thai Bank. I have a Work Permit and so should be OK with any branch but I have three criteria:

1) Must have internet banking

2) Must come with an internationally accepted debit card

3) It is essential that I should be able to transfer money to a UK bank account at a minimal cost

Does anyone have any recommendations? I guess the ability to transfer money to the UK cheaply is the most important of the three, as I will be doing this on a monthly basis...

Thanks!

Siam Commercial Bank seems ok - check out their web site, which is also in English and seems pretty comprehensive - all good signs.

HSBC have a branch on Rama IV - the ATM card works worldwide, but HSBC seem to be trying to increase charges as much as possible nowadays.....

coops

After BangkokBank refused to open a bank account for me, I went to KasikornBank (Thai Farmer Bank) and got a very efficient, courteous and uncomplicated service with debit card/ATM (in one card), electronic banking etc.

As someone already said, all the main banks will offer what you need however, Kasikorn Bank are a scam when it comes to transfering money out to the UK.

If your prime reason is for international transfers then Bangkok bank are the best. For me Kasikorn were almost 5 times as expensive as Bangkok Bank.

do thai banks accept checks for deposit denominated in usa dollars?

Bangkok Bank has accepted a couple checks for me from the states, one for $150 one for $3200, each took about 6 weeks to clear, though. Some fee, something like 200 THB, as I recall