Wearing masks?

The Hammer2021

Wearing masks if not compulsory   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since when they were compulsory and since when they are not?

To my recollection compulsory from the 1st wave around 7.03.20. 
i would not pay any attention what dr a-nut-in is saying. 

On phuket they are supposed to be worn even on motorbikes, which is outright death hazard (and drivers did die because mask blinding them). 
So very much masking with at least one mask where there are people and no chance for distancing.
And definitely 2 masks in crowded enclosed space - a hospital mask and larger and better fitting any other mask, including those with valves. 
Strictly avoiding eating in enclosed area, restaurants.
So eating only in outdoors places.
I would rather take my own food from home, buy from shop or get hungry, rather then waiting at the table for food to be prepared and served, when is crowded and slow. 

Edited by internationalism
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Are they not compulsory anymore? Do you have a link to a reliable source?

Personally I don't mind if I wear a mask in certain situation. I.e. the sky train would be such a situation, if I would use it.

In other situations, i.e. walking outside alone or with my gf it doesn't make much sense.

You are Quite right.  Actually I was trying to make a poll and the question  was now that masks are 'rumoured' not to be compulsory..I don't care and will continue  to wear them at times

I wear a mask for a number of reasons.

Out of respect for the Thai people who live/visit here. Most wear masks all of the time.

Out of respect for the staff that work for me. They all wear masks all of the time. (We are in the tourism industry.)

And out of respect for the guests that we look after. It helps them to feel 'safe'.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

On phuket they are supposed to be worn even on motorbikes, which is outright death hazard (and drivers did die because mask blinding them). 
So very much masking with at least one mask where there are people and no chance for distancing.
And definitely 2 masks in crowded enclosed space - a hospital mask and larger and better fitting any other mask, including those with valves. 
I would rather take my own food from home, buy from shop or get hungry, rather then waiting at the table for food to be prepared and served, when is crowded and slow. 

So you are prepared to do this the rest of your life are you?

The virus will not be wiped out, it will become endemic here. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

9 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

So you are prepared to do this the rest of your life are you?

The virus will not be wiped out, it will become endemic here. 

I hope to live long and healthy life. 
Wearing mask for a average 1h per day (usually just for 5 minutes every few days during my brief shopping, for 1h per month during supermarket shopping and for tens of hours when travelling internationally) doesnt bother me the slightest. 
Even if it only prevents in 1%, still will do it. Cost next to nothing, just matter of habit, which is already ingrained 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hate them, and I only wear one when I need to.

To say they're no longer compulsory is risky. I don't wear one at home, in my car or on my motorbike. If I am going into a shop or shopping centre it's still expected of me, so I do. I'm not daft like my wife who's one of the nutters who ears it alone in the car... but I also don't feel it's the time to antagonize the locals or show us farang in a bad light.

I reckon within 6-9 months, they will be far less of an issue. Well, I HOPE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1