Thai pass permanent address outside Thailand.

Am based in Hong Kong and planning to enter visa exempt using my uk Passport then obtain an O -Retirement visa.  I understand that when you fill in the thai pass application it will ask you for your permanent address outside Thailand and phone number.  As I won’t have any address in Hong Kong when I leave is it acceptable to use a close friends address in the UK for this given I will be arriving from Hong Kong?   Also what’s the purpose of the address requirement?  Thanks. 

17 minutes ago, stigar said:

My thaifriend cant leave Frankfurt tadoy because cant leave beacause QR code not get yet

SAme my friend it happends today.Miss QR code and refused leaving.-shes a thai citizen,,,didint help a all.Sucked in frankfur now.Cant do anyrging.Lost fligh,hotels,icuance and etc,Thai consulate can help at all

On 2/6/2022 at 9:17 PM, stigar said:

My thaifriend cant leave Frankfurt tadoy because cant leave beacause QR code not get yet

I almost had the same problem but turned to the advertised agent on the asq.in.th site who got the pass in well under 24 hrs....but at an outrageous price. I baulked but they said due to numbers of applicants and short time scale this was non negotiable. With everything else lined up I decided to pay. 

And lo! 3 days later I'm in Bangkok on what is seriously called test &go.... costly quarantine hotel, PCR test day 1 ( yesterday and negative) and another on Day 5 ( Thursday). I'm allowed out in between....if I dare with the 2nd test looming.

The hotel is ok though and the meals delivered to room are good and plentiful. What's not to like?!?

31 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

I almost had the same problem but turned to the advertised agent on the asq.in.th site who got the pass in well under 24 hrs....but at an outrageous price. I baulked but they said due to numbers of applicants and short time scale this was non negotiable. With everything else lined up I decided to pay. 

And lo! 3 days later I'm in Bangkok on what is seriously called test &go.... costly quarantine hotel, PCR test day 1 ( yesterday and negative) and another on Day 5 ( Thursday). I'm allowed out in between....if I dare with the 2nd test looming.

The hotel is ok though and the meals delivered to room are good and plentiful. What's not to like?!?

Terrible.My friend have stayed 1 month with her bf in germany.Now she lost her fligth and her money.

I saw on FB today that she still stucked there.She have prepaid everything.