Long Term Covid Insurance Policy for 2022

connda

My policy that I bought though Roojai is finished and they never offered a renewal.  Has anyone purchased a Covid only policy that will cover an 'asymptotic' Covid positive if you're forced into Covid prison.  And of course, coverage if you actually need coverage..  If so, from which insurers and what is the cost and policy limits?  Thanks!

There are from Tune $50k for 7.5k and $100k for 15k. 
For some 20k you can get a cheapish full health insurance, covering all conditions and around the world for around 400k, which is good enough even for covid ICU at the government hospital. 

there is a new covid policy from bolttech.co.th for 750b and 1.5k, but they cover just below asymptomatic hospitel, so not worth a baht

• Thanks 1

You will probably not get a new extension because several insurance companies went already bankrupt from Covid policies.

The reason being that so called "Covid policies" were not insurance policies but more a gambling tool. 

The payment from the insurance company was not at all related to the damages of the insured (the cost of treatment) but rather a lumpsum if you were lucky enough to test positive. 
This made it a lottery. We have several Thai friends who were lucky enough to test positive, collect 50,000 or 100,000 THB and could buy some new furniture.

8 hours ago, internationalism said:

Roojai still offers 1 year policy for 750b and 1.5k and benefits are exactly same as a company i have quoted earlier - hospitalisation cover is just 5k and 10k. That is not enough even for asymptomatic hospitel or asq
https://insure.roojai.com/quote/#/covid19

I enter my information: 60 something, average height, average weight, non-smoker, married, no travel outside of Thailand:
"We are so sorry. Your information falls outside of the Company’s underwriting conditions.." 
No explanation why.  Insurance really is a scam.

Just now, connda said:

I enter my information: 60 something, average height, average weight, non-smoker, married, no travel outside of Thailand:
"We are so sorry. Your information falls outside of the Company’s underwriting conditions.." 
No explanation why.  Insurance really is a scam.

Mods: you can close this.