Is this animal abuse?

Card

This is the only forum I thought might give sensible answers. I visited the Sanctuary of Truth in Pattaya a while ago and saw these horses in a paddock. The guide told me they look thin because they are very old but are fed 3x a day. They have other animals like sheep and goats which look healthy, but these look emaciated. A couple of other horses in the same paddock looked ok. What do you think? I can't see why a tourist orientated 'religious' site would put abused animals on show but then some zoos in Thailand do. Do old horses look emaciated when healthy? If abused who do I report it to in Pattaya?20211214_142334.thumb.jpg.028a6cbb9e4578f41b2f3fd65dc77fcf.jpg20211214_142520.thumb.jpg.fcfba7ff017d29de10e8b6f40437a44f.jpg

20211214_142344.jpg

Edited by Card
  • Sad 1

I agree with you 100%, but, we live in a country where human rights mean diddly squat and animals even less. We need to come to terms with the fact that our Western standards do not extend beyond Western borders.   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bbko said:

So how old are the horses?

No idea but it was not allowed to touch or feed them whereas with the other animals, visitors could touch and buy food to feed them.

Edited by Card

9 hours ago, Card said:

No idea but it was not allowed to touch or feed them whereas with the other animals, visitors could touch and buy food to feed them.

For all we know they could be really really old and the equivalent of a 90+ year old man,  trying to claim abuse without knowing all the facts is a mistake.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bbko said:

For all we know they could be really really old and the equivalent of a 90+ year old man,  trying to claim abuse without knowing all the facts is a mistake.  

There is no need to claim abuse, just ask if it is abuse or not. Do you know if very old horses look starved is my question.