Visa application requires Covid insurance & ASQ Hotel?

I’m a U.S. citizen currently in the U.S. applying for a 90-day NON-O to visit family in Thailand.

The e-visa application is asking for Covid insurance and also for ASQ hotel booking confirmation. I thought these were required for the Thai pass, not a visa application. I don’t want to pay for 90 days insurance and then not be approved for the NON-O visa.

I recently applied for a Non Imm OA with the Los Angeles Thai Consulate and the ASQ Booking Confirmation, a Health Insurance policy that was compliant with both Visa and Covid 19 requirements and flight confirmation were required. I also had to upload a selfie while holding my passport.  Good luck the E-Visa application systems has a lot of requirements. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

It's most likely outdated, and just requires you to have proper accommodation for an entry program like AQ / Test & Go / Sandbox.

I would respectfully disagree with you.  The E-Visa and the Thailand Pass are two separate systems. I completed both about two weeks ago.  The Thailand Pass was a relatively easy system to navigate but the E-Visa system was difficult(my US Credit Card was rejected 7 times when I attempted to pay for the Visa).  I finally got the E-Visa system to accept tmy US Bank Debit  Card to accept payment for the Visa.  

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

I would respectfully disagree with you.  The E-Visa and the Thailand Pass are two separate systems. I completed both about two weeks ago.  The Thailand Pass was a relatively easy system to navigate but the E-Visa system was difficult(my US Credit Card was rejected 7 times when I attempted to pay for the Visa).  I finally got the E-Visa system to accept tmy US Bank Debit  Card to accept payment for the Visa.  

What I was saying is that travelers may also apply for a visa if they are entering under Test & Go.

The issue regarding credit cards is because Thailand merchants are only allowed to process cards through 3D Secure.

The US is late in adopting the idea of OTP based cards unlike the US, and ASIA.

You may call your card issuer, and ask if you can enable 3D Secure on your card, some do support it upon request.

1 hour ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

What I was saying is that travelers may also apply for a visa if they are entering under Test & Go.

The issue regarding credit cards is because Thailand merchants are only allowed to process cards through 3D Secure.

The US is late in adopting the idea of OTP based cards unlike the US, and ASIA.

You may call your card issuer, and ask if you can enable 3D Secure on your card, some do support it upon request.

The issue with my US based Credit Card was not 3D secure.  The issue was Kaiskorn Bank(the merchant bank that the MFA uses to accept payments for visa applications) does not have an input block for billing address..  Many US Based Credit Card issuing banks requires that the billing address matches in order to complete the purchase transactions.  The K Bank input screen for credit card purchases does not have a block for billing addresses.  The only solution my bank came up with is to use a Debit Card.  This was how I was able to pay for the visa on the E-Visa application site. Overcoming the payment hurdle alone took 2 days.  In comparison I got the Thailand Pass approved in 90 minutes.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

The issue with my US based Credit Card was not 3D secure.  The issue was Kaiskorn Bank(the merchant bank that the MFA uses to accept payments for visa applications) does not have an input block for billing address..  Many US Based Credit Card issuing banks requires that the billing address matches in order to complete the purchase transactions.  The K Bank input screen for credit card purchases does not have a block for billing addresses.  The only solution my bank came up with is to use a Debit Card.  This was how I was able to pay for the visa on the E-Visa application site. Overcoming the payment hurdle alone took 2 days.  In comparison I got the Thailand Pass approved in 90 minutes.  

Interesting because the issue I was mentioning is not only related to Kbank, it is for almost every bank here requires OTP (or for your bank to allow the 3DS request).

This is why they do not ask for billing formation.

While this system works great in Thailand, it has made things extremely hard for almost all foreigners inside & outside of Thailand attempting to make payments to Thai companies.

Another massive hurdle travelers have been running into is making payments through 2C2P which is what https://www.thailandpsas.com uses (also a 3DS issue). Payments to this system are required for all Phuket/Samui travelers wishing to do the entry program, as they need to buy their RT-PCR tests there.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Interesting because the issue I was mentioning is not only related to Kbank, it is for almost every bank here requires OTP (or for your bank to allow the 3DS request).

This is why they do not ask for billing formation.

While this system works great in Thailand, it has made things extremely hard for almost all foreigners inside & outside of Thailand attempting to make payments to Thai companies.

Another massive hurdle travelers have been running into is making payments through 2C2P which is what https://www.thailandpsas.com uses (also a 3DS issue). Payments to this system are required for all Phuket/Samui travelers wishing to do the entry program, as they need to buy their RT-PCR tests there.

I read today that thai incurance companies migth not give incurance for people re-entering to thailand.Is this something you have noticed or know anything about?

5 hours ago, stigar said:

I read today that thai incurance companies migth not give incurance for people re-entering to thailand.Is this something you have noticed or know anything about?

We did get a update from one which has been covering asymptomatic cases.

If a traveler is tested positive for covid-19 and shows the below symptoms, they will be placed into quarantine and their quarantine expenses will be covered by the insurance policy.

a. When the fever is higher than 39 degrees Celsius for more than 24 hours

b. Breathe 25 times faster per minute in adults

c. Oxygen saturation < 94 %

d. Diseases that have changed or need to closely monitor the symptoms at the discretion of the physician

e. For children, if they have difficulty breathing, lethargy, or eat less

If a traveler is tested positive for covid-19 and does not show any of the above symptoms, it is not medically necessary for them to be quarantined, thus the insurance policy will not cover for any quarantine expenses.

If a traveler is tested positive for covid-19 and does not show any of the above symptoms, however a medical professional (authorized doctor) advises the traveler to quarantine in a hospital or hospitel, then in that case their quarantine expenses will be covered.

We are not really sure what to make of it yet, it would seem as if the hotel would need a doctor to also make the call for you to be covered.

• Like 1