Retirement Ext. Money 2 months deposit

We arrived early Dec on nonimm-O visa based on retirement. Idea was to get Covid ext. as this would have just given us the time to stay out of cold Europe.

With no more ext. possible our only option is to go for ordinary ext. based on retirement. We got the money but time till visa expiry even with 7 day ext. is too short.

Was offered by an agent to get "out of town visa". Only need passbook copy, no bank letter. I don't feel happy with such a deal as I suspect it will create problems in the future. 

Would it be worthwhile to try/hope for Covid ext. with retirement ext. following on?

What are options if there are any options?

We've been living in TH for 19 yrs on nonimm-O multi entry. Pity this is no more available.

Thanks for any helpful reply.

16 hours ago, Letseng said:

Would it be worthwhile to try/hope for Covid ext. with retirement ext. following on?

What are options if there are any options?

You entered on non O.

You most likely cannot obtain covid extension. 

Perhaps explain to io that you require time to season the funds and ask for covid extension.

Doubt it.

Use agent to obtain extension. 

Should be around 15k.

Where are you located.

When does current permission of stay end. 

How long do you wish to remain in Thailand. 

Edited by DrJack54

How many days are you short for the 2 months are you from the date your allowed stay ends?

Many immigration offices would allow to apply late after you pay the 500 baht a day overstay fine. I have heard of it being done 15 days late.

@Letsengwhy not do a quick flight to Cambodia and come back on 30 day visa exempt and then get 90 day Non-imm O which has no time requirement for the 800k. 

That gives you 4 months or you get 5 months by extending the visa exempt 30 days before the non-imm O.

As I understand Cambodia requires fully vaxed, PCR test within 72 hours of departure and rapid test on arrival. No quarantine

https://www.mfaic.gov.kh/covid-19

Edited by aussiexpat

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You entered on non O.

You most likely cannot obtain covid extension. 

Perhaps explain to io that you require time to season the funds and ask for covid extension.

Doubt it.

Use agent to obtain extension. 

Should be around 15k.

Where are you located.

When does current permission of stay end. 

How long do you wish to remain in Thailand. 

Tks for responding. Current permission to stay ends 7 March. I assume I can get an extra 7 days ext.?

We would like to stay another 2 months.

We are based in Bkk.

Don't mind paying for an agent. However, it should be done above board.

One agent was going to do  ret. extension outside Bangkok, only needed our p.port. Don't like the sound of it.

Other agent, who offered fell ill with C19 and has gone quiet.

Any idea who best to contact? 

Tks.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

How many days are you short for the 2 months are you from the date your allowed stay ends?

Many immigration offices would allow to apply late after you pay the 500 baht a day overstay fine. I have heard of it being done 15 days late.

Our visa expires 7 March.

Money arrived 3 Feb.

I was hoping to get 7 day ext. to 14 March. This would leave me about 20? days short. I'm not sure if they calculate the 2 months from 1 st of the month or from arrival of money? Don't mind paying overstay if possible.

We just need a stay till end April & will return to Bkk in Sept.

Tks for any helpful input.

5 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Money arrived 3 Feb.

I was hoping to get 7 day ext. to 14 March. This would leave me about 20? days short. I'm not sure if they calculate the 2 months from 1 st of the month or from arrival of money? Don't mind paying overstay if possible.

Tks for any helpful input.

Go to a visa agent to sort out for you.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Letseng said:

Money arrived 3 Feb.

Your permit to stay is important not the day your visa expires. I assume that is March 7th.

There is no 7 day extension. It is 7 day to leave the country after the 1900 baht fee is paid and the application is denied.

The 800k baht must be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply for the extension.

On 2/11/2022 at 7:40 AM, ubonjoe said:

Your permit to stay is important not the day your visa expires. I assume that is March 7th.

There is no 7 day extension. It is 7 day to leave the country after the 1900 baht fee is paid and the application is denied.

The 800k baht must be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply for the extension.

Permission ends March 7.

Found help in the meantime.

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The immigration order states 2 months as it states. Not sure why they put 60 days in parenthesis on that unofficial document.

What makes it unofficial, it was given to me from my Immigration office. admitted it does not carry any Logo or signature, are you saying 2 complete full months, that would mean having to apply on the 1st of any relative month, and all offices would be inundated with applications, and 90 day reports thereafter. ??

11 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

What makes it unofficial, it was given to me from my Immigration office. admitted it does not carry any Logo or signature, are you saying 2 complete full months, that would mean having to apply on the 1st of any relative month, and all offices would be inundated with applications, and 90 day reports thereafter. ??

You are not understanding this correctly.  A month can start on any date (not just the 1st). ie: 20th Feb-20th April.