Non O extension : Yellow book, Pink ID

On 2/10/2022 at 8:09 AM, leeedwards said:

I took both my yellow book and pink id card and they ignored them and required me to bring in a neighbor with signed copies of his blue book. He also had to come when they visited my house. This is at nonthaburi immigration though, they are a bunch of tossers there, rude, arrogant jobsworths. When the officer put my nationally down as english and I told him it should be British, he was adamant he was correct. You'd expect someone working in the field to know this simple fact. 

My friend was asked what is the English word for Pass-a-port ????

On 2/10/2022 at 8:32 AM, bbko said:

I did my yellow book many years back simply because I already had all the required paperwork from when I got married, the biggest one being the officially stamped translation of my passport from the MFA in Bangkok.  In 10 years, I used it maybe twice (open a bank account & driver's license) and even then it wasn't really mandatory.

If you already have all the paperwork, then go ahead and stop by your local amphur and ask.

My local Amphur did not require any translation of my passport.

On 2/10/2022 at 2:41 PM, leeedwards said:

I wasn't aware the neighbor was a witness, I assumed they were there  to confirm my identity and that I lived where I said I did, as the immigration officer told me. Again, I guess he didn't know what he was talking about.

We use my friends wife as a witness i.e. they need someone who knows you and to say you live at your address.  Years ago before home visits, my friend went for his extension, "You no have witness" so he went outside found an old lady and paid her 200b and she swore she had known him for years :cheesy: