Visa run to Laos

Hi, im currently in thailand on a METV and just got the 30 day extension stamp. Can anzone tell me if its possible to cross the border to Laos at the moment and come back via land border the same day like it used to be? If not what troubles lie ahead of me? Is there somethin equivalent to the Thai Pass i have to apply for to even enter Laos and do i have to apply for a new Thai Pass again if i want to reenter Thailand from Laos? Are there any other options for me to extend my stay? 

Thanks for the reply, i was told at immigration today that covid extensions arent given out anymore. Also im currently in udon thani are there any flights out of thailand that leave from udon airport or will i have to travel back to bangkok?

Also is there a similar thing in the bordering countries like the Thai Pass for thailand? For example a Laos Pass or Cambodia Pass.

11 minutes ago, Brulak said:

Thanks for the reply, i was told at immigration today that covid extensions arent given out anymore. Also im currently in udon thani are there any flights out of thailand that leave from udon airport or will i have to travel back to bangkok?

Also is there a similar thing in the bordering countries like the Thai Pass for thailand? For example a Laos Pass or Cambodia Pass.

You know in internet has tool called "google"! Also they actually sell toilet paper in 7-11 can you imagine!

https://www.udonthaniairport.com/flight-status/

https://laos-adventures.com/covid19

https://corp.cambodia-airports.aero/en/covid-19/travel-restrictions-cambodia

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

No international flights out of UTH.

Land borders are closed to non-nationals on BOTH sides. There was a plan for a phase 1 opening on 1 January but omicron surges put an end to that.

The only 'border run' available is as suggested earlier via a r/t flight to Phnom Penh. You'll need an eVisa (online application), a PCR test, proof of being fully vaccinated and evidence of US$50k worth of health insurance but I think you can buy 20-days of insurance coverage on arrival for ninety bucks.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Brulak said:

To visit Laos short-term you can enter as a tourist under the following conditions:
For tourists you must be with a tour company. You still need a CoE and visa to come in.  You must stay in the 'green zone' and there are various other restrictions on your movements. You need to do up to 48 hours hotel quarantine and then, as long as you have a negative PCR test, you are able to join your tour. It seems that some companies are organising tours for one or two people so you can have a fair amount of flexibility.

15 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

No international flights out of UTH.

Land borders are closed to non-nationals on BOTH sides.

The only 'border run' available is as suggested earlier via a r/t flight to Phnom Penh. You'll need an eVisa (online application), a PCR test, proof of being fully vaccinated and evidence of US$50k worth of health insurance but I think you can buy 20-days of insurance coverage on arrival for ninety bucks.

Borders are not completely closed. You can cross at the Nong Khai - Vientiane bridge if you meet all requirements. People are doing it. Requirements from Thailand to enter Laos:
Double vaccinated, negative pcr test result, COE approved by GOL, appropriate visa in passport, confirmed hotel booking for quarantine 7 days, covid insurance, monitoring tracker bracelet and confirmation from Covid Task Force who will transport you from border to hotel. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Brulak said:

Thanks for the reply, i was told at immigration today that covid extensions arent given out anymore

They told you wrong.

Why aren't you entitled to a covid extension. 

Their issue was extended to March 26. (Seems those that entered non O not entitled).

Consult an agent in udon Thani to obtain you one. 

Alternatively use agent in Khon Kaen. 

Obviously cost extra, however better than waisting time with dumb and dumber immigration offices/officers.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1