Thai E-Visa payment issues

I’m in the U.S. and just completed filling out my Thai E-Visa and attempted to make the payment. It looked like it was going through, and then the web page changed to “Error 503 Backend unavailable, connection timeout”. I’m not sure if the payment went through or not. I closed the window and went back to the payment page to try again, but when I click on the “Pay Now” button, it just goes to the same “Error” page, so I can't even get to the page to enter payment information.

I logged out and then logged back in and it shows 1 application submitted, and when I check the status it shows “Pending Payment”.

Does that mean that the payment I made did go through and is pending processing, or they are waiting for the payment to be made?

I tried logging in with a couple of different browsers, but the “Error” page keeps coming up.

Edited by srowndedbyh2o

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The pending message means you have submitted the payment.

Thank you. I sure hope so. I'll wait until after the weekend and see if the payment shows up on my credit card. I must say, there was a lot more to the E-Visa application than the Thai consulate website lists. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dialemco said:

You just have to log into your visa account to check if payment has gone through or in pending items awaiting clearance.

Thanks. I had already checked, and nothing was showing as pending at my bank. I finally got a hold of someone at the L.A. Thai Consulate and they asked me to call my bank to check if they put a hold on my credit card. Sure enough, the bank had put a hold on my card. The bank had not sent me any email or text notice of this “suspicious” activity. I was surprised, because just a few days ago they put a hold on my card when I tried to purchase tickets with Japan Airlines. At that time it was a very slow/long process to get the card unlocked and to verify my identity, but once completed they assured me I should not worry about using my card for any payments, including international payments. However, just a few days later when I tried to pay for the Visa, they blocked it again. And I had to go through another, even longer verification process to unblock the card.

After the card was unblocked, I went back to try and pay for the visa, I got the same error message before I could even enter my credit card information. I again contacted the L.A. Consulate, and they told me to try a different browser. I had tried both Safari and Firefox before, but I thought ‘what the heck’, I’ll try Firefox again, and this time it went through in a few seconds, and my application is “Processing”.

Fingers crossed.

56 minutes ago, srowndedbyh2o said:

Thanks. I had already checked, and nothing was showing as pending at my bank. I finally got a hold of someone at the L.A. Thai Consulate and they asked me to call my bank to check if they put a hold on my credit card. Sure enough, the bank had put a hold on my card. The bank had not sent me any email or text notice of this “suspicious” activity. I was surprised, because just a few days ago they put a hold on my card when I tried to purchase tickets with Japan Airlines. At that time it was a very slow/long process to get the card unlocked and to verify my identity, but once completed they assured me I should not worry about using my card for any payments, including international payments. However, just a few days later when I tried to pay for the Visa, they blocked it again. And I had to go through another, even longer verification process to unblock the card.

After the card was unblocked, I went back to try and pay for the visa, I got the same error message before I could even enter my credit card information. I again contacted the L.A. Consulate, and they told me to try a different browser. I had tried both Safari and Firefox before, but I thought ‘what the heck’, I’ll try Firefox again, and this time it went through in a few seconds, and my application is “Processing”.

Fingers crossed.

Had a similar issue.  

1. LA Thai Consulate

2. Non Imm OA

3 E-Visa payment not going through on my US Based Visa Credit Card

4. E-Visa uses Kasikorn Bank as the merchant bank

5. Most US Based Bank issued credit cards require the billing address to match on purchase transactions.  On the E-Visa site the payment portal does not have an input block to put in my US Billing Address.  Hence, I got the dreaded "transaction not completed 7 times in one day".  

6. Spent two days working with my bank in Texas to come up with a solution

7. In the end I used my Debit Card with the Visa logo and the transaction went through.

8. It was much easier when the Thai Consulate accepted a simpler solution:  A Money Order(the good old days when they accepted walk-in service for visa applications with One-Day turnaround.

9. On a positive note I got the Thailand Pass approved in 90 minutes

• Like 1

On the subject of Visa.

I was planning to go to the UK for Christmas but had to cancel and got a voucher!

my wife ( Thai) visa expires in May and we want to goat the end of May.

does anyone know if she can get an extension or have to apply for a new visa?

we applied in Chiang Mai, but in Phuket now for a short time.

also I finding it hard to use the Qatar voucher online. I will go to their Phuket airport office and try.

anyone had this experience?

36 minutes ago, Tazmo said:

I was planning to go to the UK for Christmas but had to cancel and got a voucher!

my wife ( Thai) visa expires in May and we want to goat the end of May.

does anyone know if she can get an extension or have to apply for a new visa?

we applied in Chiang Mai, but in Phuket now for a short time.

A assume you have a extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage to a Thai.

You should be able to apply for a new extension before you leave the country.

Where will you be applying for the extension at?

How long is your trip out of the country going to be?

On 2/11/2022 at 4:19 PM, srowndedbyh2o said:

Thank you. I sure hope so. I'll wait until after the weekend and see if the payment shows up on my credit card. I must say, there was a lot more to the E-Visa application than the Thai consulate website lists. 

Yes, there is a lot more. And unless I missed something I could only upload one document per category. If I tried to add another in the same category the new one was substituted for the first one.

In my case the Paris Embassy list was quite short. Fortunately you can save your online application and return to it if you are missing something, as I was: an invitation letter from my wife.....not mentioned anywhere until I got to that point in the online application. Perhaps I should have expected it as I had in  pre covid times obtained a 90 day multiple entry at Savannakhet where this was on their list.

Fortunately none of it mattered, even my failure to upload a copy of her ID card with her "true copy" manuscript endorsement.

I still got the visa.

And after 5 days so called " test & go" in Bangkok I finally arrived at my Thai home and family on Friday.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

...her ID card with her "true copy" manuscript endorsement.

Congratulations! What is that ID card with "true copy" endorsement?

I'm about to start my eVisa non-imm o married to a Thai. Which insurance did you go with? That's next.

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you have a extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage to a Thai.

You should be able to apply for a new extension before you leave the country.

Where will you be applying for the extension at?

How long is your trip out of the country going to be?

Sorry it’s not me who need a visa. I have a UK passport.

my Thai wife applied for a Tourist UK and got one which expires on the 23 May.

but we want to go later that week.

I was wondering if VFS will be able to give her an extension?

22 minutes ago, Tazmo said:

Sorry it’s not me who need a visa. I have a UK passport.

my Thai wife applied for a Tourist UK and got one which expires on the 23 May.

but we want to go later that week.

I was wondering if VFS will be able to give her an extension?

You are asking your question on the wrong forum. Do a topic on this forum. Visas and migration to other countries

• Thanks 1