‘Visit Thailand Year 2022: Amazing New Chapters’ envisioned Thai tourism transformation

webfact

14 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Have fun.

Think the other 39,600,000 visitors that visited Thailand in 2019 will be making alternative arrangements as well.

Today Spain has removed vaccine restrictions for UK teenagers, saying how important the Brits are to their tourism industry.

Meanwhile, Thailand's answer to Pixie and Dixie dream up more looney tune track, trace, swab, imprison and extort schemes to ensure their added to every travel agents blacklist worldwide.

What are the countries with the most international tourists in 2021?  Is there a new list somewhere?

Before TAT make all these new plans and predictions for the future ("Amazing New Thailand", "Even More Amazing Thailand" etc etc) I think they should consult with their bosses Prayut and Anutin to find out what their plans are for the future!

But maybe that's not a good idea either, because Anutin changes his mind about things about as often as I shower! (And before any body makes some wise guy comment about "dirty unwashed farangs", the reference was intended!)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spilornis said:

As well as removal of tests they have to remove the masks outdoors requirement.

Mask rules are being relaxed all around the world

Especially on a motorbike! Who thought up that crazy piece of legislation? (Bet his name starts with A or P!!!)

Nice! The TAT put together a polished scam, I mean scheme, and presented it in London. Too bad they can't carry it through to completion though, they have to depend on the junta and the tourism operators and we all know the generals will make it as complicated as possible and the operators will scam as they do - aside from the desperate Thais that are ready to rob the new wave of wealthy tourists. They should clean house before inviting their guests over, otherwise, expect the embarrassing news headlines to take down the whole tourism operation and then they are only left with visitors coming for the other F word.

Is there any oversight in Thailand? I thought generals were known for that, but these guys are all reaction and no proaction. The TAT put together a plan but the rest of the gov't will let them down... typical.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 1:07 PM, connda said:

They only want 'wealthy, well-heeled, millionaires and billionaires' who will pour trillions into Thailand's coffers of wealthy, well-heeled millionaire and billionaire Hi-Sos. 

And what does Thailand offer to bring these tourists in? Always feels so one sided in thai logic....as the Stones sang--You cant always get what you want.....

I come for the scams but stay for the double pricing....

• Like 2

There is not much amazing left of Thailand. It is time for a new more realistic slogan. Oh by the way with the

present Thailand pass, most real tourists will just do that and give Thailand a pass. I am hoping that by November this year

there may be a bit more sanity, and less rules and restrictions. I kind of doubt it though. It is more likely

that 2023 will be the year that Thailand will drop all its current restrictions, and go back to Visa, Passport, insurance, 

and welcome to Thailand. Here is hoping that there is at least 2 brains in the powers of rule in Thailand by then.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

There is not much amazing left of Thailand. It is time for a new more realistic slogan. Oh by the way with the

present Thailand pass, most real tourists will just do that and give Thailand a pass. I am hoping that by November this year

there may be a bit more sanity, and less rules and restrictions. I kind of doubt it though. It is more likely

that 2023 will be the year that Thailand will drop all its current restrictions, and go back to Visa, Passport, insurance, 

and welcome to Thailand. Here is hoping that there is at least 2 brains in the powers of rule in Thailand by then.

By the time Thailand comes to its senses and removes the current restrictions other countries will have captured the tourist dollars and the tourists continuing support. Then Thailand will be so far behind the other smarter and more welcoming countries they will never catch up.

Other countries want tourists and their money. , Thailand only wants the money.

Edited by tlcwaterfall
  • Like 2