Pattaya driving schools.

thainet

Need to find a driving school in Pattaya (for 19 year girl who has never driven before).

Talked with "Advance Driving School" near BPH, but their 15 hours driving course is 5 hours a day/3 days.

Looking for a school that spreads the driving lessons more (maybe 1-2 hours a day).

Any experience or information of driving schools in Pattaya gratefully received.

2 hours ago, sungod said:

Wife went to Pattaya Klang driving school years ago and it seemed quite good, and they did a couple of hours a day. A quick check shows they are no longer in Pattaya Klang but out towards Nong Palai.

Is this the one that was roughly opposite Foodland - next to or close to the small hardware shop?

If so my ex used them and a lot depended on the individual instructor you got.

Do any of the schools teach:

- Driving, and 

- The traffic laws?

Why this question?

- My Thai son visited a driving school in Chan Rd area of Bkk, he asked if they included teaching the traffic rules/laws.

- Response: NO because there are no driving laws/regulations so how could we teach this?

- He produced a commercially printed multi page booklet (in Thai and English) with lots of information for new driving students and many pages with intersection drawings and vehicles travelling in different directions/turning etc., and who had to stop/wait, etc.

- And many signs and explanation of what the sign meant and what actions drivers should take etc.

- The school on Chan Rd., insisted that the booklet was not real and told son to throw it away.

- He searched further until he found the school which fitted his objectives and had good lessons. After every lesson he came home and explained what he had been doing nd asked questions on points that he wanted to be very sure about, and in many discussions we found it mentioned in the booklet I mentioned above.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 8:47 AM, Henryford said:

My tgf went to a school on Thepprasit Road, About 200 yards on the left up from Thappraya Road. Paid 7000 baht for a series of lessons. But their aim is not to teach you to drive but just to get you through the test. You can choose to have the lessons when you want.

thats the problem......NOT TEACHING how to drive.....just to get thru the test.....which is PATHETIC

i SPENT ONE WHOLE   year learning to drive with my father....using his cars......passed my driving test (Uk ) first TIME having 6 driving lessons a month prior to test date !!!!