What do I need to do when I go up country - reporting my whereabouts etc

OP, you do nothing.

If your 90 day report is due then do it online or via mail.

You only need to file a TM30 if you change your address.

Traveling throughout Thailand and even overseas requires nothing.

Note if you exit Thailand and reenter with new visa or visa exempt then you would need file a TM30. 

• Like 1

So I'm at my wifes parents at the moment, got here this morning, nothing needs to be done?

FYI - we just tried registering her father on that horrible TM30 website, my god it's annoying.  Finally got the form completed, submitted it but now have no login ID/pass etc?!  Tried to do a password reminder thing and says the details we've literally just used are incorrect ????

13 minutes ago, SamuiAddict said:

So I'm at my wifes parents at the moment, got here this morning, nothing needs to be done?

Just to clarify. 

How did you enter Thailand.

What visa or extension do you currently have.

What address did you previously use for 90 day reports etc. 

Just checking how it would work for myself. My 1 year retirement is done in Ubon using my Ubon address. We also have a house in Chiang Rai, on both houses my wife is the owner. lets say online is not working and i am in CR when the 90 day report is due, would i need to go with my wife to the CR IO and make the report there and then when i return to Ubon go to the IO there and inform them i have returned.

2 minutes ago, Isan Farang said:

Just checking how it would work for myself. My 1 year retirement is done in Ubon using my Ubon address. We also have a house in Chiang Rai, on both houses my wife is the owner. lets say online is not working and i am in CR when the 90 day report is due, would i need to go with my wife to the CR IO and make the report there and then when i return to Ubon go to the IO there and inform them i have returned.

Do your 90 day report online. New site works good. See: https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login 

It took Ubon immigration about 7 hours to approve my report earlier this month.

No need to need to deal with submitting a new TM30 report with your 90 day report at CR immigration and another one at Ubon immigration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Do your 90 day report online. New site works good. See: https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login 

It took Ubon immigration about 7 hours to approve my report earlier this month.

No need to need to deal with submitting a new TM30 report with your 90 day report at CR immigration and another one at Ubon immigration.

Ok thanks for the info. Just checking on the following

90 Day report is due on 19 Feb 22

Retirement extention expires on 21 March 22

Can i go to IO Ubon on 21 Feb 22 and renew my extention early as i want to head to Chiang Rai on the 23rd Feb 22

22 minutes ago, Isan Farang said:

Ok thanks for the info. Just checking on the following

90 Day report is due on 19 Feb 22

Retirement extention expires on 21 March 22

Can i go to IO Ubon on 21 Feb 22 and renew my extention early as i want to head to Chiang Rai on the 23rd Feb 22

They will allow you do your extension application up to 30 days early. You should be able to it next week if you want to.

You have a 7 day window to do your 90 day report in person after the report date. You will have until the 25th to do the report.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Isan Farang said:

, would i need to go with my wife to the CR IO and make the report there and then when i return to Ubon go to the IO there and inform them i have returned.

Regardless of when your obtaining your extension just do your 90 day report via online and if that's not working do it via post. 

Obviously your return envelope for mail report is addressed to your UR home. 

On 2/12/2022 at 9:51 AM, DrJack54 said:

OP, you do nothing.

If your 90 day report is due then do it online or via mail.

You only need to file a TM30 if you change your address.

Traveling throughout Thailand and even overseas requires nothing.

Note if you exit Thailand and reenter with new visa or visa exempt then you would need file a TM30. 

What about the PLF? Don't you require that? I wonder how long it will take countries to stop it.

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

What about the PLF? Don't you require that? I wonder how long it will take countries to stop it.

You can do your 90 report from anywhere in Thailand using online or mail.

TM30 is only needed to change your address on file.

You can even exit and reenter Thailand without doing a TM30.

Unless you reenter on new visa or visa exempt.

Reentry Permit or same visa = no TM30. 

I've done several from another province

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Pity the I.Os , cos in my case recently I had to renew my driving licence and had to go the Immigration Office for papers .The tm30 was not in my pp , the IO made a fuss and after an hour or so made out a new one . I had only been back for 1 week and entered on a re-entry permit  on a  non o . The IO even went and spoke to the big boss who instructed the IO to make a new tm30 .  Would you have stood your ground and made them lose face ?

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 10:54 AM, SamuiAddict said:

We're only here for a few days, then back to Samui

Enjoy the experience and bother about nothing for a few days family visit.

It's not North Korea  and no block warden will report you. Like many others I do a few trips per year and never care about "reporting" that.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I do a few trips per year and never care about "reporting" that.

Hard to believe now that it was previously a requirement. 

Was it 2020 June that rule was changed?.

Now we live in hope that 90 day reports can get the Kibosh.

4 hours ago, Isan Farang said:

I have a similar situation, house in two provinces, and flit between them. Online for 90 day reports is the best way to avoid having to be in your extension province area at the right time, but of course once a year you must be in the IO office province to complete your extension. 

Worked pretty well since they have stopped the ridiculous, stay away a night and you have to report to IO nonsense. That was until Covid lockdown, and I had to go through a change from my preferred address province to the other province as I was locked down there.

Not trying to digress from the topic but I have a spanner for the works .  I did my 7 night quarantine recently in Bangkok ( had 2 pcr tests at the hotel + 1 at UK departure . After the quarantine I am free to travel around Thailand apparently but not according to the village head who insisted that I stay in my Issan home for 14 days because I had come from Bangkok . This must be an unofficial law as it is not imposed generally on short stay tourists or those who are touring and using hotels . So if I had decided to ignore the 14 day village quarantine , what would be the circumstances ?

10 minutes ago, superal said:

Not trying to digress from the topic but I have a spanner for the works .  I did my 7 night quarantine recently in Bangkok ( had 2 pcr tests at the hotel + 1 at UK departure . After the quarantine I am free to travel around Thailand apparently but not according to the village head who insisted that I stay in my Issan home for 14 days because I had come from Bangkok . This must be an unofficial law as it is not imposed generally on short stay tourists or those who are touring and using hotels . So if I had decided to ignore the 14 day village quarantine , what would be the circumstances ?

Provinces can set their own requirements for what is required when returning from another one or one they consider a high risk. Some may only want a ATK test to satisfy them that you are not infected.

Check with the sub district health officer to find out what the requirements are.

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I was asking about the PLF not the TM30. I wonder if that is ever going to stop. As far as I can see, that is the only thing that is still needed to enter the UK and other countries.