Immigration Bangkok

9 hours ago, timendres said:

I have found immigration at Chaeng Watthana to be very "particular" in the past couple of years. In my case, they have been entirely "by the book", and have not thrown any curve balls or nonsense at me. But every document had to be provided, and exactly as required.

Agreed

I don't want to be Mr "well I must say I have never had that problem" but my experience over several years is that if all the i's have to be dotted and t's crossed it is a formality. Last time we didn't even speak between initial greeting to "Bt 1,900 please"

• Like 1

it might help to mention which document(s) you feel might not pass the test.  and what you are trying to do at immigration, extend a visa exempt entry, non O, tourist visa, etc..

some officers are more 'particular' than others, that's for sure.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, buick said:

it might help to mention which document(s) you feel might not pass the test.  and what you are trying to do at immigration, extend a visa exempt entry, non O, tourist visa, etc..

some officers are more 'particular' than others, that's for sure.

Quite.  Over the years I have had numerous 30 day and 60 day extensions of exempt entries and have never had any difficulties.  However recently I tried applying for a change to Non-O (to then apply for retirement extension) and was initially refused despite having had the money in an account for more than three months.  On th eother hand the second time round, I had forgotten my map of where I live (a serviced appartment) and the IO gave me a piece of paper, a pen and a ruler and asked me to draw it while at her desk - and th is is th esame woman who had initially rejected me.  Perhaps the firs time she was having a particularly bad day. 

36 minutes ago, dereko169 said:

I will be flying into Bangkok from UK.

If My PCR test at the airport is negative can I go straight to a pre-booked SHA hotel in Pattaya?

You posted in the wrong topic for your question. Perhaps post a new topic.

They do not do the covid 19 test at Suvarnabhumi airport.

I assume you will be using the Test & Go scheme for entry. This from the Thailand Pass site. https://tp.consular.go.th/

image.png.b66e2d3418aaa1002179822fe68b4cce.png

You will need to reserve a hotel in Pattaya to pick you up at the airport. They have to arrange the arrange the RT-PCR test for you.

• Like 1