I just bought $200,000 of Bitcoin

18 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

That's what they all say weeks or months later.
You never see this comment anywhere when it's happening.

I might go up or down or sideways or maybe down or up, hmmm

I stick to my shares and collect my dividends.

Best ones at the moments are oil companies and my LGEN is also doing pretty well and paying 6,5% dividend.

Common sense not to buy anything without research. Who buys restaurants without research? If they do they deserve to lose. Can take months to sell a restaurant. Takes seconds to sell Bitcoin.

19 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Thailand is now 7% more expensive for Bitcoin holders since yesterday as well ????

Meanwhile the US dollar is up 

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 2.25.38 PM.png

I don't remember which forum member was investing in Cardano.
They were at around 3$, 6 months ago and now at 0,80$ , ouch...

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Common sense not to buy anything without research. Who buys restaurants without research? If they do they deserve to lose. Can take months to sell a restaurant. Takes seconds to sell Bitcoin.

Tell us, when you are in again and not months later.

Just now, Sparktrader said:

Double bottom

Long now

Great

Means you are in now.

Long? Futures or buying real bitcoin?

I will be happy to see when you get out.

Russian invasion just starting, do not see speculative investments as Bitcoin do find a bottom yet.

On 2/22/2022 at 12:43 AM, Longwood50 said:

I managed a Trust Division for one of the USA largest banks.  We invested and administered pension and profit sharing accounts for corporation.  Later I worked for both Merrill Lynch and UBS Paine Webber. 

Over time, it is virtually impossible to "beat the market"  If you want a conservative investment that is a proven winner buy the indexes from Vanguard.  The S&P 500, Dow, Nasdaq, and perhaps the total world fund.  They are very low cost to invest and over time most professional managers fail to beat them.   This is the chart of the S&P 500 since 1950.  Since 1928 if you invested in the S&P 500 and left it, it has grown at a rate of 9.8% per year.  Take any rate of return and divide it into 72 and it tells you how many years it takes for the first dollar to double in value.  At 9.8% your money doubles every 7.34 years.  So $10,000 becomes $20,000, then after 14.68 years it becomes $40,000 and after 22.04 years it becomes $80,000 and after 29.38 years it becomes $160,000 on your orginal investment of only $10,000.  It is not timing the market, it is time "in the market"  Steady consistent growth over decades produces wealth.  

Can you get rich quick with speculative investments like Bitcoin.  Sure.  But if an investor "loses" on one of those speculative investments the value of the compounding I just showed you is erased and the person now starts with a much lower base to begin over again.  Not "losing money" is actually more important than trying to hit the home run that makes you wealthy. 

sp500-average-returns.png

Many people will be dead in 15 years. They cant wait 28 years.

Bitcoin has beaten the market many times. 

On 2/23/2022 at 11:46 AM, Whale said:

I saw a stat this morning that 30% of all investors in BTC are down now. The 70% are mainly long term hodlers from before mid 2021. If I recall you went in around 40K for your main pot. I still think thats a good price to get in. I have some I bought at over 60k! I dollar cost average to spread the weight of my gamble.

DeFi is where I have the biggest unrealized gains (losses not cashed in that could become bigger losses or profits over time).

You bought at 60k? Yet you say I give bad advice? Basic chart said sell at 65k. No buy signal until under 40k.

Averaging down is the worst strategy ever. More losses. Close out. Start again. Trading 101.

32 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Btw I called it right. Buy at 39,000 went to 44,000.

Buy at 34,400, now 35,500.

Not advice. Just good trades.

You did say buy multiple times on the way down, you can't just say that over and over until you get it right lol

On 2/23/2022 at 4:27 PM, Sparktrader said:

Buy now imo 

Volume signal, support off 95 lr

Heading for 50 then 60

At 4pm yesterday BTC was 37k-38k

9 minutes ago, dj230 said:

You did say buy multiple times on the way down, you can't just say that over and over until you get it right lol

At 4pm yesterday BTC was 37k-38k

37,000 isnt expensive. I started at 5,000. Never paid more than 39,500.

Whale said he paid 60,000.

Why did he pay 60,000? What reason?? I cant see any on the chart. 

The chart is basing. Lots of chop. 34,400 to 37,000 is fine on a 2 month view.