Is there any insurance company that covers the costs of being affected by any covid situation (including being asymptomatic) or not?

ILOVEBKKLONGTIME

If the answer is "Yes":

(1) Could you please tell me which one and which "insurance plan" exactly?

(2) How do you know that such insurance company and plan covers asymptomatic situations? have you confirmed that with anybody that experienced the situation and told you that the insurance company covered the costs?

I am very confused because on one hand, I read in different places that insurance companies are not covering the costs of some tourists that end up affected by a covid situation (especially when the PCR test shows positive but the tourist is asymptomatic and/or when the tourist is asked to be quarantined because somebody in the plane or bus that the tourist used was infected), but on the other hand, I saw a few people saying that for example "AXA Thailand" covers everything, but they did not confirm that through experience, it is just their interpretation of what the insurance policy says.

From 15.2 thai companies dont cover asymptomatic. Before that non of foreign policies were good at all.
AQ isolation for 10 days and from 21k. Or insist on home isolation. 

same goes with sitting directly next to positive, but isolation supposed to be shortened to 3-4 days already from the last year (that from 7 days). Its possible, that health officials dont do tracing and isolation anymore, even if you have to write seat number on airplane on landing health form. Still, insist on private transport from airport, usually hotel try to charge a minimum 500b. 

there are not anymore covid specific accident policies, as the last years. The same companies are doing them, but they would cover only hospital up to 10k baht (premium 1.5k), so not worth. 

do count on self- insurance. For trailand pass any 30 days policy will do

Edited by internationalism
  • Thanks 1