Sophon Cable

fredscats

11 minutes ago, jcmj said:

It’s 300 baht a month with 3 English movie channels, news and some sports.  If you want more get true vision. If you can’t afford it watch you tube. 

Must be the crappiest set of movie channels on offer,Ill link the comp to TV   go from there

• Like 1

Just get an Android Box and pay for good WiFi.

You'll be able to watch anything, anytime,all the time.

Live TV, HBO,First run movies,etc.

Troypoint.com has great guides and advice to get started once you get your android box.

Stop paying for True or any other tv box!

https://troypoint.com/

I gaurantee you'll love it!

Screenshot_20220218-212113.jpg

Screenshot_20220218-211943.jpg

• Thanks 1

Yeah I got Sophon cable.... bit of a hangover from years ago.. watch Sky News most mornings and catch the odd film on it. Unlike many other services it isn't scrambled and no set top box is needed. I am expecting the lady to come collect the annual subscription next month. . 

I get all the movies and TV shows I want from bit torrents, but still have Sophon for the news channels (Sky, Al Jazeera English and CNA, I'm not interested in the others), plus the GF watches the Thai TV channels and sometimes a movie or music channel. Lately I've noticed that she's watching more on You Tube, though, so I'll keep Sophon under review.

20 hours ago, Guderian said:

I've noticed that she's watching more on You Tube, though, so I'll keep Sophon under review.

There are supposed to be 3 film channels in English, but many times lately one of them is running Thai commentary... not sure if this is just a dopey DVD operator, the source file, or a deliberate policy. 

On 2/24/2022 at 6:10 AM, jacko45k said:

There are supposed to be 3 film channels in English, but many times lately one of them is running Thai commentary... not sure if this is just a dopey DVD operator, the source file, or a deliberate policy. 

Yes been getting worse as previously was just an issue where they realised after 5-20 minutes and changed it.

Does one of your 3 film channels have like black/grey bands flickering across the picture throughout? Again relatively recent but may be because I am still on analogue?

44 minutes ago, topt said:

Yes been getting worse as previously was just an issue where they realised after 5-20 minutes and changed it.

Does one of your 3 film channels have like black/grey bands flickering across the picture throughout? Again relatively recent but may be because I am still on analogue?

No, but I use the digital band......

Various times of day, if hot and sunny, picture quality on one or two of these channels is not good, but I am well out of town. I had this problem before and reported it... local guy went round messing with connections and improved it. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Jack100 said:

Been advised by Sophon , unofficially , I can buy a set top box (?) and subscribe for 150 baht not the 300 baht I pay for now ? Is this correct and how much do they cost ?

I use Sophon TV (not internet) and it comes in on cable (not fiber)... no set top box required, as the TV can handle it. Costs me 3000 baht p.a.