PM Blames High Prices on Worldwide Inflation

webfact

9 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

So the unelected PM is a politician???? I would say that he is a soldier and nothing else. If I wanted to be a lawyer and run my own lawyers firm, then walked into a lawyers office heading a gang of guys with access to guns and forced the lawyers and their staff out and took their place, does that make me a lawyer?

By definition, yes.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

I assume you read the OP?

Did you mean this one?

He will blame anybody and everybody, but never himself for everything.

For example, is the high price of Thai pork due to worldwide inflation or African Swine Fever or is it due to the government denying that ASF was killing pigs in Thailand? The government denied that ASF was in Thailand until they couldn't lie any more.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Did you mean this one?

He will blame anybody and everybody, but never himself for everything.

For example, is the high price of Thai pork due to worldwide inflation or African Swine Fever or is it due to the government denying that ASF was killing pigs in Thailand? The government denied that ASF was in Thailand until they couldn't lie any more.

The simple fact is that every country in the world currently has a major inflation problem. It is not peculiar to Thailand or Thailand's fault and the government of Thailand isn't to blame unless you want to blame every government collectively.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The simple fact is that every country in the world currently has a major inflation problem. It is not peculiar to Thailand or Thailand's fault and the government of Thailand isn't to blame unless you want to blame every government collectively.

The majority pf the Thais that I know rarely buy imported goods, so inflation in the ROW is of no interest to them.

20 minutes ago, billd766 said:

The majority pf the Thais that I know rarely buy imported goods, so inflation in the ROW is of no interest to them.

Really, so Thailand would not export stuff if they get a better price abroad for products then at home. That is how it works. Inflation in other countries does influence us too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

This might be the dumbest post I've ever read on this website. Read what you wrote again and spend a few moments to think about what you just said. 

19 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Oh, and did the world wide pandemic of COVID 19 cause this inflation?

Well Maybe.  

The more likely cause of inflation is the pandemic itself. Curtailing government efforts to battle covid are just going to make inflation worse.

If inflation was caused by US policy choices, you’d expect it to be confined to the US. But supply chain issues are global. So are rising prices.

https://www.rawstory.com/heres-the-truth-about-rising-inflation-and-it-has-nothing-to-do-with-spending/