Phuket News

madmitch

Although I'm now in England, I like to keep abreast of what's going on in Phuket as I'll be back sometime.

So, what's happened to the Phuket News forum? Last post was last Monday and almost all the headlines relate to the murder of the Canadian/Indian "businessman". Is there really nothing going on? And I also noticed this a couple of weeks ago. There's always something vaguely newsworthy, well by Phuket standards anyway!

• Like 1

No news of tour buses or trucks that have had brake failure and ploughed into the bottom of Patong Hill!

No news of water shortages - plenty of rain and fewer tourists flushing the loos means that the reservoirs are all still pretty full!

No news of temple scams as there are no Chinese to fleece.

No news of late-night troubles with the current limited drinking hours - although it has crept up to midnight for the last day or so.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I want to know how many foreigners arriving (%) get their Thai arrival Covid test come back positive and thrown into hospitals for quarantine, with or without symptoms, so they can use up their new shiney insurances - anyone knows..., now that would be a news worthy story ... ! 

Just want to see my chances as I'm planning a return... ????