Possible 90 day online 'glitch-causer'?

Hi folks,

Almost 90 days ago I successfully (& MUCH to my delight!) did an online 90 day report for the first time. 

The 90 days will be up March 2nd and I this week have received an online reminder from Thai immigration that it's due.

All very efficient and I'm impressed.

However.....I applied for a new marriage visa/extension (in Korat) on Feb 9th, as the current extension expires on March 2nd. The application was accepted and is now under consideration, etc and they stamped a notice in my passport to return on April 1st......and at the same time they adjusted my 90 report to April 1st too.

All well and good.......BUT, I now have this fear that a problem may occur with my online reporting in the future, because obviously the online reminder that I got from immigration this week, regarding March 2nd, is automated and that system is obviously NOT aware that my 90 day reporting schedule has been adjusted to April 1st because of the extension application.....SO, I am afraid that when I try to do my next 90 day report ONLINE, around late June, the system will somehow not accept it or reject it or think I am liable for a fine regarding the report due March 2nd.

Do you get my drift? Can anyone offer first-hand experience or knowledge of how that will play out? Will the 'system' adjust itself automatically, in time, to recognize my adjusted 90 day schedule?

(Imm office in Korat 100 km away & calling by phone for such information doesn't work! Long given up on that!)

Not a HUGE issue I know, but would appreciate some info. I really dig the apparently useable new online reporting system and would hate to cause hiccups with it!

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Toolong said:

However.....I applied for a new marriage visa/extension (in Korat) on Feb 9th, as the current extension expires on March 2nd. The application was accepted and is now under consideration, etc and they stamped a notice in my passport to return on April 1st......and at the same time they adjusted my 90 report to April 1st too.

Did they do a new 90 day report and put a receipt for it in your passport?

Doing a report in person or done by your local immigration office will not affect you doing another 90 day report online using the new site since it is sent to your local office for approval and they will have a record of the report they did.

6 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

In the same boat as you, albeit a week later than you.....however, having never successfully managed to use the online system I am going to stick with the postal version......what a farce.

Have you tried using the new site yet?

Many people have done reports on it that could not do them before. Have a look at the pinned topic for them and you will see several reports of success.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you tried using the new site yet?

Many people have done reports on it that could not do them before. Have a look at the pinned topic for them and you will see several reports of success.

No. Have to confess I haven't......but will give it a go.....cheers.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

In my case they just crossed out my last 90 day report date and wrote in a new date........ the same date as for my new extension?

My last 90 day should have been Jan 29, but I was in the UK and returned Feb 4.....does that sound correct?

5 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

My last 90 day should have been Jan 29, but I was in the UK and returned Feb 4.....does that sound correct?

Ninety day reporting is reset when you leave and re-enter the country. Your report would be due 90 days from the day you entered the country.

It seems immigration officer could of changed you report date to 90 days from when you arrived in the country.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Ninety day reporting is reset when you leave and re-enter the country. Your report would be due 90 days from the day you entered the country.

It seems immigration officer could of changed you report date to 90 days from when you arrived in the country.

Mmmm.....I thought the same, in which case the next date should be start of May. I will sort it out when I go back for my extension....cheers

53 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Doing a report in person or done by your local immigration office will not affect you doing another 90 day report online using the new site since it is sent to your local office for approval and they will have a record of the report they did.

Yes, ubonjoe, they did put a receipt in my passport. 

Well, I certainly hope you're right about the next online report being ok. 

(You usually ARE right, I must say!????)

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

In the same boat as you, albeit a week later than you.....however, having never successfully managed to use the online system I am going to stick with the postal version......what a farce.

Like ubonjoe said, I would definitely give the online system a go. I too was extremely cynical and doubtful about it working when I tried it. 

When it worked, you could have knocked me down with a feather! 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Toolong said:

Like ubonjoe said, I would definitely give the online system a go. I too was extremely cynical and doubtful about it working when I tried it. 

When it worked, you could have knocked me down with a feather! 

Plus....maybe, like me, you had negative results with the old, original system. But this new system is another kettle of fish, so to speak.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dick turpin said:

It's a Korat thing, they always reset your 90-day reporting date 

when you do an extension renewal. 

Same happens for me @ Buriram. Each year after my new permission to stay is stamped in my passport, the officer usually does a new 90 day report. This doesn't affect my ability to submit online reports.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

32 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Same happens for me @ Buriram. Each year after my new permission to stay is stamped in my passport, the officer usually does a new 90 day report. This doesn't affect my ability to submit online reports.

Good to hear that it doesn't affect the online reporting. ????

• Like 1