Empowering the next generation of lawyers for women’s and LGBT rights

snoop1130

9DEC7526-A3F7-4F8A-8A8E-83114483B337-600x338.png

Chitchapa’s negative experience inspired her to become a transgender lawyer

Transgender lawyer Chitchapa Panich expresses her goal, to tackle the oppression of people, as Thai society doesn’t provide enough equality.

“I feel the unhappiness, I feel the discomfort of all transgender women in their own families, their education and in their workplaces. It’s not comfortable and it’s not fun at all to face unfair discrimination from society.”

Tackling the patriarchy

Drawn from her own experiences, Chitchapa is among many transgender women who have been discriminated against for their chosen identity. Her recent account was when she was banned from entering an exam hall, because she was dressed as a woman. Unfortunately, this incident was just one of the many struggles that Chitchapa has had to face.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/empowering-the-next-generation-of-lawyers-for-womens-and-lgbt-rights/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-02-21

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

Do you know what "the patriarchy" is? 

Yes I do , do you? 

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

And to answer your question: men and women discriminate against men and women.

I will not even attempt to respond the assertion that women and men discriminate  against each other on an equal bases. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I do, and it isn't "men discriminating against women".

patriarchy is by definition discriminatory toward women. 

"Patriarchy is a system of relationships, beliefs, and values embedded in political, social, and economic systems that structure gender inequality between men and women. Attributes seen as “feminine” or pertaining to women are undervalued, while attributes regarded as “masculine” or pertaining to men are privileged. "

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/social-sciences/patriarchy

• Like 1

Just now, sirineou said:

patriarchy is by definition discriminatory toward women. 

"Patriarchy is a system of relationships, beliefs, and values embedded in political, social, and economic systems that structure gender inequality between men and women. Attributes seen as “feminine” or pertaining to women are undervalued, while attributes regarded as “masculine” or pertaining to men are privileged. "

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/social-sciences/patriarchy

OK, I see your problem.  You're getting confused.  You're claiming that discrimination against women is "the patriarchy", while your evidence says that "the patriarchy" involves discrimination against women.

Also interesting that there is no mention of men having to do the discrimination...

There's no mention of "the patriarchy" in the article in the OP.