Disrupting Harm report in Thailand: Online sexual abuse and exploitation of children in Thailand is underreported

snoop1130

UN0352057.jpg

A student sit under a tree to use the internet at Little Bay Primary and Infant school. On Monday, September 7,2020. Little Bay is a mainly fishing community located in the parish of Westmoreland, the western end of the island of Jamaica. An online programme for teachers supported by UNICEF aims to improve remote learning best practices on the island, where schools were closed due to COVID-19. The pandemic put the spotlight on inequities in the local education sector, highlighting the digital divide on the island.

Online sexual abuse and exploitation of children in Thailand is underreported, with only 1- 3% of children disclosing experience told the police.

“The interview [about my experience of online sexual abuse] took place in the police station at the front desk to receive reports; there were around 10 people there, [including] two male police officers and five of my friends.” – child survivor of online child sexual exploitation and abuse

Ground-breaking research delivered by ECPAT, INTERPOL, and the UNICEF Office of Research – Innocenti, funded through the Global Partnership to End Violence Against Children’s Safe Online Initiative, Disrupting Harm in Thailand is an evidence-led report that outlines the harrowing realities of online sexual exploitation and abuse of children in Thailand.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/02/21/disrupting-harm-report-in-thailand-online-sexual-abuse-and-exploitation-of-children-in-thailand-is-underreported/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-02-21

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1

It's up to us as adults to protect kids. It doesn't matter if we are in a foreign country or not.

In my work over many years I have seen instances where folks, even professionals who know far better, excuse and do less than their due diligence in instances where kids are being abused.

I've watched (not for long i can tell you) as adults have shied away,  and literally turned away when adults are beating children for being upset and crying etc.

Don't you be one of those people!

If we hear of, suspect, or see kids being abused, traumatised we MUST step forward and speak up. There is no expediency, no excuse for not doing so.