Non O Extension Of Stay Marriage - Kasikorn Bank

Bit of advice please.

I went to Kasikorn Bank in MBK Bangkok to activate an inactive account. They said they could reactivate it but as I didn't have a copy of my old passport used to open originally open it they couldn't help me but advised that I could go to any other branch to complete. I visited my local bank in Satuk and they told me my 90 day non imm, which is yet to be extended, wasn't accepted to open account. My question is does anybody know a Kasikorn bank in Buriram city who will be able to help me?

13 minutes ago, smoo1954 said:

My question is does anybody know a Kasikorn bank in Buriram city who will be able to help me?

OP, so you entered Thailand with a non O based on marriage and now wish to obtain extension of stay based on marriage.

You require 400k to have been in Thai bank account for 2 months on the day you apply for extension.

It may be easier to open new account. 

When does your current permit expire. 

If you had Thai Immigration transfer any stamps from your old to new passport, then one of the first stamps in the new passport should be one that explains in Thai what your previous passport number was.  As this is a Thai Immigration stamp, in Thai, it may be useful if you have it to demonstrate that you are the same person and that those two passport numbers are connected to the same person.

Always a good idea to update Thai bank accounts when your passport number changes and always a good idea to keep old passports.

The issue with bank accounts is Thai ID Card number never changes like passports - so using passport you must update when passport is changed and they want to see/copy the old passport (as that is what allows access).

As said best to start a new account and better if you do not limit yourself to one bank - go from one to another until they allow you to open.  If you have family/friends with account that might help.  But in general just going to a few will find one that will open.