Thai Think Tank Says TRUE-DTAC Merger May Hurt Customers

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

According to TDRI, the number of main telecommunication service providers in Thailand should be no less than three, in order to encourage competition.

They all scam together for profits, competition that benefits the consumer are virtually non-existent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spermwhale said:

In most developed countries a merger of this magnitude that concentrates market power in the hands of two competitors would face tough scrutiny by regulators. 

Well, what about the concentration in the food business?

I would not be surprised if that merger would be beneficial for the same player.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 9:54 AM, hansnl said:

If that merger will go on, I will go elsewhere from Dtac.

Don't want any business with True.

I wish that were possible. True no longer support satellite and if you have a problem with it, and you want to retain True Visions TV, then you are forced to change internet provider to True which is a disaster. We have been more than happy with 3BB for years and are now constantly on the phone to customer support.

I wonder if these were the same guys who discovered the sequencing genome of cancer patients? Wow. Takes some heavy duty intellects to determine that near monopolies are not beneficial to the population. If you ever want to question that premise, just look at True Visions. One of the worst satellite companies on the planet, when it comes to selection, or offerings for the money, or evolution. While the world introduces more HD stations daily, True remains the same dinosaur, from year to year. I was recently back in the US and Dish network has over 200 HD station, and 1,000 channels. A complete monopoly costs the public dearly.

I guess nitwits can never rise above the status of intellectual nitwits. Just look at Prayuth and Anutin for proof of that.

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2