Ajarn.com

geo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had the back up but Lunar Pages were not willing to help us transfer the files.

Most of these webhosts are complete w***ers. I've now formed that opinion.

It's never the end of the world to start again. How many times did you ever look at page 2 of any forum? As the great Tommy Docherty used to say "today's news, tomorrow's fish and chips"

If posters can remember approximately how many posts they made or you have a record of the number of posts each member made, isn't there the possibility of them PMing your board administrators, so that they can put the post number count to the same as it was before the old board went belly up???

If posters can remember how many posts they have made, isn't there the possibility of them PMing your board administrators, so that they can put the post number count to the same as it was before the old board went belly up???

I think that's certainly possible. I know I had 1564 posts before it went down. And 879 before it got hacked the first time. And...oooh....1376 before that.

If posters can remember how many posts they have made, isn't there the possibility of them PMing your board administrators, so that they can put the post number count to the same as it was before the old board went belly up???

I think that's certainly possible. I know I had 1564 posts before it went down. And 879 before it got hacked the first time. And...oooh....1376 before that.

Great, problem solved, and members can all get back to the number of posts they had before the board went belly up.

However, there are some of us who could not give a toss about the NUMBER of posts we had, but are rather more concerned about the ACTUAL posts themselves - some of which [not done by myself mind you] were EXTREMELY useful.

On a separate issue, as a member of ajarn.com I feel somewhat let down that the admin. of ajarn.com did not inform us of the problems. You never know, some of us may have been willing to contribute to a central fund so that payment of the upgrade could have come from the members so that we could keep all of the stuff that was on their. IMHO, the knowhow on that site had a value far in excess of the amount it would have cost for an upgrade. I feel very let down that the choice for this was not put to us. We were not deemed worthy enough of a general message. Whlist I like Phil, and think he is a great guy, he has not done himeslf any favours in his handling of this matter. Sorry Phil but it must be said, and unfortuantely I don't have the option to say it at Ajarn.com, nor will I if Marko goes through with his threat not to allow hotmail/yahoo email address as one to use when registereing because I cannot be arsed to set up a new email address just to please Marko when he has shown such contempt for me!

On a separate issue, as a member of ajarn.com I feel somewhat let down that the admin. of ajarn.com did not inform us of the problems.  You never know, some of us may have been willing to contribute to a central fund so that payment of the upgrade could have come from the members so that we could keep all of the stuff that was on their.  IMHO, the knowhow on that site had a value far in excess of the amount it would have cost for an upgrade.  I feel very let down that the choice for this was not put to us.  We were not deemed worthy enough of a general message.  Whlist I like Phil, and think he is a great guy, he has not done himeslf any favours in his handling of this matter.

Seems the moderator who started this post was not informed either.

Time to appease the masses?

However, there are some of us who could not give a toss about the NUMBER of posts we had, but are rather more concerned about the ACTUAL posts themselves - some of which [not done by myself mind you] were EXTREMELY useful.

On a separate issue, as a member of ajarn.com I feel somewhat let down that the admin. of ajarn.com did not inform us of the problems.  You never know, some of us may have been willing to contribute to a central fund so that payment of the upgrade could have come from the members so that we could keep all of the stuff that was on their.  IMHO, the knowhow on that site had a value far in excess of the amount it would have cost for an upgrade.  I feel very let down that the choice for this was not put to us.  We were not deemed worthy enough of a general message.  Whlist I like Phil, and think he is a great guy, he has not done himeslf any favours in his handling of this matter.  Sorry Phil but it must be said, and unfortuantely I don't have the option to say it at Ajarn.com, nor will I if Marko goes through with his threat not to allow hotmail/yahoo email address as one to use when registereing because I cannot be arsed to set up a new email address just to please Marko when he has shown such contempt for me!

This post articulates very well many of the sentiments that former Ajarn members have expressed to me during the last couple of days.

In fact I would positively encourage those aforementioned members to post their comments here, just to let the Ajarn admin. know the strength of the current feeling amongst us.

Harry

Ooh .. I'm an advanced member already ... Rubber bucket anarchists, take note :o P.S I ain't coming back till Chang th_hail.gif deletes that silly OGN thread boxing01.gif

On a separate issue, as a member of ajarn.com I feel somewhat let down that the admin. of ajarn.com did not inform us of the problems. You never know, some of us may have been willing to contribute to a central fund so that payment of the upgrade could have come from the members so that we could keep all of the stuff that was on their. IMHO, the knowhow on that site had a value far in excess of the amount it would have cost for an upgrade. I feel very let down that the choice for this was not put to us. We were not deemed worthy enough of a general message. Whlist I like Phil, and think he is a great guy, he has not done himeslf any favours in his handling of this matter. Sorry Phil but it must be said, and unfortuantely I don't have the option to say it at Ajarn.com, nor will I if Marko goes through with his threat not to allow hotmail/yahoo email address as one to use when registereing because I cannot be arsed to set up a new email address just to please Marko when he has shown such contempt for me!

Yes, you would think it could have been predicted, it's happened before (but hindsight's a wonderful thing, of course). Is that really true about no hotmail or yahoo addresses for registering on the new ajarn board, Phil?

no hotmail or yahoo addresses for registering on the new ajarn board

It's your board, you can of course do as you like, however, this statement seems rather strange to me. Nowadays it's so easy to get an email address, I use at least 6 different hosts- so what can you prevent by not accepting the two above mentioned??? :o

As a regular ajarn.com user I thought I'd hop to this forum whilst Phil sorts the problems out. On my third query on this board in which I admitted my failings about reporting residence and asked for advice i was called a w@anker and that post seemed to be supported by one dr. pat pong (good user name. If you're 5 years old that is) who appears to be one of the main men over here. Good to see that tossers aren't restricted to just one site. :o

Basically you can rant and rave all you want and call me every name under the sun, but you're crying over spilt milk I'm afraid. I'm as disappointed as anyone that my 3,000 plus posts are lost forever but I'm just going to take it on the chin. What other choice is there?

If there are people out there who can't be bothered to re-register and see it as a waste of time, then I accept it. But tell me you feel the same way a month from now when we're back up to a few hundred members.

You never know, some of us may have been willing to contribute to a central fund so that payment of the upgrade could have come from the members
I only wish I had the balls to ask. But I haven't.
We were not deemed worthy enough of a general message. Whlist I like Phil, and think he is a great guy, he has not done himeslf any favours in his handling of this matter.

We were given 72 hours to find a new forum. I'm sorry Sumitr but in all the panic it slipped my mind to post 'we've been given 72 hours to find a new forum' on the front page of the site. Perhaps I should have, and maybe accompanied it with a little countdown clock? And at zero hour we could have had Dirty Dog, Chang and the Mad Baron all popping champagne corks in one sooper-dooper javascript-inspired graphic. Now that would have been magic!

PepsiMax

I admitted my failings about reporting residence and asked for advice i was called a w@anker
If you have a problem about reporting residence, why don't you just call the immigration and ask them what to do or just go down there? They are not going to sent you to jail for this offense, maybe fine you, I don't know, ring them is the easiest way, they will tell you what you have to do.

I don't think you are a ###### :o

post seemed to be supported by one dr. pat pong (good user name. If you're 5 years old that is)

I believe that the good Dr. is more than 5 years old, but maybe you just missed typing the number 9 before or after the number 5 ? :D

Good to see that tossers aren't restricted to just one site

I'll quickly register over at www.ajarn.com again, so I'm not seen as a single-minded-Thai-Visa-tosser-poster :D

Phil:

LDMA is on record as saying (elsewhere) that this topic was discussed in the Mods Room some THREE weeks before the event. Now, this may well not be the case, but I only had him as my source of information at that time.

If it is the case that you only had 72 hours, then fine. However, in such an event, LDMA was incorrect in providing the info he did. It's exactly this sort of misinformation that you could easily have avoided.

As for DD, TMB, Chang, etc., maybe it is about time that the Admin. of Ajarn.com stopped worrying about them a little and started to worry about its own Admin responsibilities a little more. As both you and others have commented on in the past, that group are not Ajarn.com. Thus, why you would even need to consider their opinions in this matter is, frankly, beyond me.

Just out of interest, did you send notice to your sponsors about the impending change?

Regards

SM

PS - I never said that I couldn't be arsed to re-reg. I said I couldn't be arsed to re-reg. if I needed a new email address; somthing Ken (who has nothing to do with the Admin of Ajarn.com) has corrected/updated me on.

And yet, I look about this forum and what do I see? Truly amazing topics. Can I have two girlfriends at the same time

I think that kind of behavior might still be considered morally correct here in Thailand,in certain circumstances,if the following two conditions are met! :D

The conditions are that the second one is classified as "mia noy" and that you refrain from engaging in three-somes! :o

Cheers. :D

Snowleopard.

Basically you can rant and rave all you want and call me every name under the sun, but you're crying over spilt milk I'm afraid. I'm as disappointed as anyone that my 3,000 plus posts are lost forever but I'm just going to take it on the chin. What other choice is there?

If there are people out there who can't be bothered to re-register and see it as a waste of time, then I accept it. But tell me you feel the same way a month from now when we're back up to a few hundred members.

You never know, some of us may have been willing to contribute to a central fund so that payment of the upgrade could have come from the members

I only wish I had the balls to ask. But I haven't.

We were not deemed worthy enough of a general message. Whlist I like Phil, and think he is a great guy, he has not done himeslf any favours in his handling of this matter.
We were given 72 hours to find a new forum. I'm sorry Sumitr but in all the panic it slipped my mind to post 'we've been given 72 hours to find a new forum' on the front page of the site. Perhaps I should have, and maybe accompanied it with a little countdown clock? And at zero hour we could have had Dirty Dog, Chang and the Mad Baron all popping champagne corks in one sooper-dooper javascript-inspired graphic. Now that would have been magic!

ranting and raving aside Phil there area number of 'ordinary' members who could've helped you out. Don't be so proud to ask for help in the future

Why all the fuss and slagging off?

Bkk Phil is trying his best and as a moderator he's probably not getting paid much, if anything so relax everybody... Just calm down.

It's quite sweet actually that they are using "our" forum, it's like that time when ITV and BBC1 united on that one occasion during Children In Need.

I didn't get many replies to my four or five posts on Ajarn and I didn't like my username anyway.

A good clean wipe of the slate is never a bad thing.

Bkk Phil is trying his best and as a moderator he's probably not getting paid much, if anything so relax everybody...  Just calm down.

As a matter of fact Phil's residence in the LoS is modelled on the Hefner Playboy mansion & he is driven to & from work in a white stretch Cadillac limo. :o

We've got 11 members already, so if we form an inter-discussion board football league, at least we can get a team out (pick me! pick me!) Seriously though, I'm looking at that clean slate and I'm thinking

What are your top five albums?

What sweets do you remember when you were a kid?

What comics did you read under the bed wi' a torch?

And It's bringing me out in goosepimpled anticipation.

Bkk Phil is trying his best and as a moderator he's probably not getting paid much, if anything so relax everybody... Just calm down.

It's quite sweet actually that they are using "our" forum, it's like that time when ITV and BBC1 united on that one occasion during Children In Need.

Nice one scamp.

I don't want to criticize you in your own house, but can you sort that bloody avatar out? You're making the great man look like bloody <deleted> Manchu.

Nice one scamp.

I don't want to criticize you in your own house, but can you sort that bloody avatar out? You're making the great man look like bloody <deleted> Manchu.

We have a few of your ' inactives ' here now Phil. More is the pity. Hurry back online :o

Thanks Doctor (and George) for looking after we discussion board addicts and allowing us onto your territory when we had nowhere else to go. The ajarn board is up and running and I can take the waifs and strays back under my wing and back to their spiritual home.

Some considerable time ago (when this board was probably still in its infancy) George and I discussed the idea of joining the ajarn and Thaivisa boards together, and it was me who said no to the idea because I felt there was definitely room for both boards in cyberspace. I think George must secretly breathe a sigh of relief over that decision hahahaha

I do drop in here quite often though, but I'm a lurker rather than a poster.

• 2 weeks later...